Tamashii Nations Pop-Up Shop to Open March 5 in New York City — Includes GODZILLA VS KONG Exhibition
Features Variety of Products Including S.H.Figuarts, S.H.MonsterArts, Metal Build and S.I.C. for Gundam, Godzilla, Kamen Rider and Dragon Ball
Source: BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) press release
Official Site: tamashiinations.com/popup/ny2021
Special Thanks to Scott Barretto
BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin) and Bandai Spirits Collectors Department are excited to announce that we are on the road again and headed to New York City to open the Tamashii Nations Pop-Up Shop. Fans from New York / New Jersey and surrounding areas are invited to head to Midtown Manhattan and check out the store. Products available for purchase include characters from Star Wars, Evangelion, Gundam, Godzilla, Monster Hunter, Dragon Ball, Marvel, Street Fighter, Kamen Rider, Fate/Grand Order, Ultraman and Demon Slayer from our S.H.Figuarts, S.H.MonsterArts, FiguartsZERO, Figuarts mini, Meisho Movie Realization, S.I.C., Gundam Universe, Fix Figuration and Metal Builds lines.
In addition, in collaboration with Legendary, the pop-up shop will feature a special Godzilla exhibition celebrating Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ upcoming release of GODZILLA VS KONG on March 31 in theaters, and on HBO Max for 31 days from theatrical release.
For fans and collectors unable to visit in person, Bandai Spirits Collectors Department has created a special 360° virtual experience of Tamashii Nations Pop-Up Shop accessible at tamashiinations.com/popup/ny2021, which will launch later in March.
■TAMASHII NATIONS POP-UP SHOP in NYC
Where: 605 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10017
When: Open Daily (Sunday – Saturday) from 11:00 am til 7:00 pm Eastern Time*
Duration: March 5, 2021 through April 25, 2021
*All New York State and New York City COVID-19 retail business mandates will be observed, including mask wearing.
Exclusives and Rare Items
• The Tamashii Nations Pop-Up Shop will feature exclusive and rare items normally not available in retail stores. These items include figures from our Metal Builds, Fix Figuration, FiguartsZERO, S.H.MonsterArts product lines featuring characters from Gundam, Dragon Ball, Godzilla, etc.
• All high-demand and hard-to-find items will be available in limited quantities and include:
o S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla (2019) – Event Exclusive Color Edition $88;
o FiguartsZERO Super Saiyan Broly – The Burning Battles- Event Exclusive Color Edition (image) $90; and
o FiguartsZERO SSGSS Vegito – Event Exclusive Color Edition (image) $70.
Godzilla Exhibition and Photo Ops
• In partnership with Legendary, the Tamashii Nations Pop-Up Shop includes an exclusive two-part Godzilla exhibition made up of a:
o Godzilla statue exhibition; and
o Costume and prop exhibition from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ upcoming movie GODZILLA VS KONG.
• Fans and collectors are encouraged to take their photo with the Godzilla exhibition as well as the other fun displays and post them on social media. Tag @BluefinBrands and use the hashtags #TamashiiNationsPopUpShop #GodzillaVsKong to share your adventure.
Promotions and Giveaways
• Free Tamashii Nations swag bag with every purchase (while supplies last).
• Free Star Wars Meisho character pin with any Star Wars Meisho purchase.
• Free A4 Clear Folder with any S.H.MonsterArts x Monster Hunter purchase.
Bringing Tamashii to the World
Figures. They move us to the core. Cool, fun, amazing, scary, sorrowful… The feelings we get from figures can change from moment to moment, but the one thing they all have in common is soul — or tamashii.
Tamashii Nations is a place for products with Tamashii instilled by Japanese master craftsmen. Based in Asakusa, Tokyo, we make fully-assembled figures for collectors, as a division of Japan’s top toymaker, BANDAI. Thirteen years have passed since the brand was established in 2007, and today, we now produce 400 new figures annually and offer our products in twenty countries around the world.
Moved by our love for figures and characters, we pursue a uniqueness that cannot be found elsewhere by bringing tamashii to the world.
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/bluefinbrands and facebook.com/tamashii.usa. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/bluefinbrands and twitter.com/tamashiinations as well as Instagram at instagram.com/bluefinbrands and YouTube at youtube.com/bluefinbrands.
About BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin)
BANDAI NAMCO Collectibles (Bluefin), a BANDAI NAMCO Group company, is a leading master and channel distributor of Japanese toys, collectibles, novelty and hobby products. The company’s extensive product line features a diverse and continually expanding catalog of high quality and popular collectibles from Asia. The company is the sole provider of Bandai Tamashii Nations products in North America and is the official domestic distributor for Bandai Spirits Hobby and Bandai Shokugan as well as Storm Collectibles. Bluefin is also the official North American consumer products and retail development partner for Studio Ghibli and is the exclusive and official distributor for Mr. Hobby/GSI, Blitzway, SEN-TI-NEL and Flame Toys. For more information, visit bluefinbrands.com.
About BANDAI SPIRITS
BANDAI SPIRITS, a BANDAI NAMCO Group company, was established in 2018 to expand products and services among BANDAI’s mature fan base worldwide. In 2019, BANDAI SPIRITS and BANPRESTO merged, enabling the provision of a diverse range of products and services to mature fans and further accelerating the pace of business growth overseas. For more information, visit bandaispirits.co.jp.
For more information on GODZILLA VS KONG, please see the earlier coverage here on SciFi Japan:
- Cameras Roll on Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Entertainment’s GODZILLA VS. KONG
- Toho and Legendary Announce Licensees for GODZILLA VS KONG
- Warner Bros. Pictures Group Announces Innovative, Hybrid Distribution Model For Its 2021 Theatrical Slate
- GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer (and More) is Here!
- GODZILLA VS. KONG Figure and Keychain Lineup From Funko
- S.H.MonsterArts GODZILLA VS. KONG Figure Info and GIANT Photos — Direct From Bandai!
- GODZILLA VS KONG Japanese Trailer From Toho
- GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer 2
- Legendary Comics Announces Monstrously Exciting GODZILLA VS KONG Publishing Program
- GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer 2
- GODZILLA VS KONG Products From Legendary’s Amazon Store
- GODZILLA VS KONG Taiwanese Trailer and Poster
- GODZILLA VS KONG Comes to Terra Virtua – The World’s First Fully Immersive Collectibles Platform
- GODZILLA VS KONG Taiwanese TV Spots
- GODZILLA VS KONG TV Spots From Warner Bros.