[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
2018 Video Game Predictions • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

2018 Video Game Predictions

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

2018 Video Game Predictions

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 pm

I wanted to do this topic quite awhile ago but for some reason forgot to and with E3 coming up on us sooner than what imagine as well as other video game related conferences right around the corner now's a good time to post my predictions and yours as well.

Before I begin no I don't have any insider information this is just wishful thinking and what seems likely IMO. Feel free to add your predictions too especially as we get closer to major events like E3, PAX and Gamescomm

Microsoft:

-My biggest prediction for MS is a VR headset of some sort this year. Sony's offering is doing really well so it'd be stupid for MS not to jump in on the VR game.

-Bigger focus on exclusive content. I'm a huge Xbox fan and I'll be the first to admit that they're sucking in the exclusive department right now, MS has three major games coming out this year (Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3) plus they can't relie on Gears of War, Halo and Forza forever so they need to focus on procurring more third party exclusive and new IPs (intlectual properties)

-Games with Gold gets OG Xbox titles; this seems like a gurantee by the end of the year. With more OG Xbox titles added to BC its only a matter of time before OG Xbox titles become part of GWG.

-Gears of War 2 remake/remaster. This year marks the 10th anniversary of Gears of War 2 so much like we got with the original Gears I expect a Gears 2 remake to come out later this year.

-More games supporting the Xbox One X either new titles and classic titles as well. The X has been a bigger success for MS than we thought and I'm glad to see companies jumping on the band wagon. Titles I hope make it that haven't been announced to support it are GTA V, Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect Andromeda two of those three titles have PS4 Pro patches so I'm not sure why the X hasn't gotten patches yet for BF1 and ME:A.

That's all I have for MS right now they're in an interesting spot right now having just released the X last year it'd be too soon for them to talk about the successor of the Xbox One.

Nintendo:

-More 3rd party support. I would expect ports of GTA V and while I doubt RDR2 will be able to run on the the Switch I could see an enhanced port of RDR coming to the system. I also see Call of Duty and the next Battlefield making the jump to Switch as well.

-More Wii U ports. Since the Wii U was pretty much a failure I would expect to see all the major Wii U titles that haven't been annouced yet to make it to the Switch with new content, So Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles X and the HD Zelda titles (Twilight Princess and Wind Waker) just to name a few. Rumor has it that the recently annouced Smash Bros game is just an enhanced port of the Wii U/3DS title so all the content from both of those with more content.

-A traditional Animal Crossing title. This is the one I'm most hoping for I was hoping that the surprise direct that we got on Thursday would have annouced this but I guess not.

-Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch. I don't see MP4 coming out this year so in order to tide us over Nintendo will give us remasters of the MP trilogy.

That's pretty much all I have for Nintendo. They're in the safest position of any of the big three as the Switch just came out so they have plenty to do for that yet. I do think its to early for hardware revisions of the Switch this year that's usually two years after the initial system. I do think its two early to talk about the 3DS successor even though I'm pretty sure the Switch will take over for the 3DS despite Nintendo saying it won't.

Sony:

-Release date for Spider-Man. I'm hoping this year but I have a feeling no since Days Gone slipped into next year. If it does come out this year I see it being a late summer title.

-God of War DLC. With God of War just over a month away its a safe bet we'll get some DLC news by the end of the year

-More info on Last of Us 2, Death Stranding and Days Gone

That's all I have for Sony right now. They're about ready to do the PS5 which is rumored to be out next year so I doubt they're going to show off any new IPs at this time or major new games. I don't see them doing another PS4 revision maybe a slim PS4 Pro but what's the point with the PS5 coming out sooner rather than later. They could wireless PS VR but that would be better saved for the PS5 IMO.

Again I don't have any inside info this is just my predictions and just my opinions.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Re: 2018 Video Game Predictions

Postby XvGojira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:24 pm

That sounds pretty accurate.

I don't have anything to add to MS orSony but for Nintendo I have a few things.

-More Labo stuff.

-Details on the recently announced Smash Bros games that set to release this year.

-Something about Pokemon for Switch

-Based on rumors from a few months ago, a new 3DS/2DS Zelda game which might be a Zelda 2 remake
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:38 am

All I want to see at E3 this year is a trailer with a release window for Metroid Prime 4, a new 2D Metroid game using the same engine as Samus Returns, a new DKC game, the second half to Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and something that hints at GTAVI. Though, with RDR2 just coming out this year, I doubt Rockstar has even done anything beyond planning stages for the next GTA. Oh yeah, speaking of which, a PS4 remaster of RDR1 and of course, new IPs for the PS4.

XV, where did these rumors of a new Zelda game come from? I mean, there is always going to be a new Zelda, but I mean a remake of 2 specifically? Wouldn't it make more sense to remake the original first since the two NES games follow each other?

For current stuff, I'd like to see more info on Detroit, with a release date. Isn't Spider-Man out June 20th? I thought it was, but then, I haven't paid too much attention to anything lately. I'm not even ready for God of War 4 to be out next month, so I'll probably just put it on my birthday list like I did with Horizon last year.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:31 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:41 am

I see us getting a LOZ Skyward Sword HD remaster before we get anything new or remade. Metroid Prime 4 isn't coming this year I can almost guarantee that. If we see anything Metroid related it'll be switch ports of the MP trilogy.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:17 pm

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:52 pm

I'd like the MP trilogy remaster because I never really finished any of the games. I got through most of Prime on the GCN but never quite finished it. Never touched MP2 because I never played through Prime and I briefly tried MP3 on the Wii just to see how it controlled. Then when Nintendo did the reissue for the Wii I picked that up and played through a decent amount of MP but never got as far as I did on the GCN.

I do enjoy the Metroid games but I've only finished three of them. Metroid Other M, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission. So I really need to play through more Metroid games.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More