Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy *SPOILERS*

Postby lhb412 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:58 pm

^ He certainly looks somewhat corporeal.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Ultra T-Rex » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:20 pm

Personally, I think that if Ghidorah has to appear in two films so close together, all the better that they're two - from the looks of it - wildly different portrayals. A perhaps more traditional (but brought to life using modern technology and on a budget beyond anything we've seen before) take from Legendary, and something more out there and unorthodox from Toho.
Ultra T-Rex
Godzilla Jr.

Postby DannyBeane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:22 am

I bet you he doesn't even fight Godzilla. He probably changes into ambient energy and gets absorbed by Godzilla in the last 3 minutes of the movie.
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby UltraDada72 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 am

Poster looks nice, but meh... I ain't holding my breath. After being bamboozled twice, this is all I have to say about this upcoming flick:

UltraDada72
Godzillasaurus

Postby klen7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am

So in the uncropped version it looks like Ghidorah is actually three floating spheres that each extends a laser head...

but some eagle eyed fan on twitter points out that the opening shot of the first movie included these
Image Image

Meaning we've actually already seen Ghidorah in this series

{Thanks to ABB for pointing this out.}
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Ultra T-Rex wrote:Personally, I think that if Ghidorah has to appear in two films so close together, all the better that they're two - from the looks of it - wildly different portrayals. A perhaps more traditional (but brought to life using modern technology and on a budget beyond anything we've seen before) take from Legendary, and something more out there and unorthodox from Toho.

I agree. In fact, at the start of this I was worried that we would see too many of the same characters too close together, but seeing as the anime representations are so unorthodox and out there I think it's fine.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gwangi » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 am

lhb412 wrote:Ah, that is a really cool poster. It's also the most traditional of the posters so far, seeing how it's a classic Godzilla grappling another monster tableau.

I wonder if anime King Ghidorah has the wings and legs that we usually associate with him or he's some sort of rat king of intertwined energy snakes?

I lot has been said about Ghidrah in this poster. My own take, is that perhaps Toho is going back to its roots. The original inspiration for Ghidrah was Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon seen in Toho's "The Three Treasures", where it battled Toshiro Mifune's Prince Susano. Though, we could glimpse a body, it was basically all heads:

Subsequently, if anyone has seen Toei's "The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon", we again see Susano and the monster in battle (this time in animated form), and all we see are the eight heads (the body is obscured by mountains):

That is just my own take. I have no idea what Toho is thinking or how Ghidrah will eventually look like.
Gwangi
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Mexigojira » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:27 am

Well, consider me interested, I think this time there will be a fight between Godzilla and King Ghidorah.
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!