New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Discuss Movies and Soundtracks available in different formats, including the latest releases on Blu-Ray. As per Board policy, No Bootleg Discussions please!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New DVD/Blu-ray Purchases

Postby Dr Kain » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 pm

One of my review plans for next year just arrived:

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:07 pm

^That is an amazing set. I am so glad to have it, and glad they included all the extras from ADV's original DVD releases. This was one time upgraded because having this, instead of 27 cumbersome DVD cases was much better. I'm only slightly disappointed they did not releases the other series on Blu Ray. But I'm at least glad to have them. The only downside is that the 3 part OVA only has the *New* English dub, with the same voices used for the series. I prefer the older dub form the 90's, while it inaccurately names several of the characters, those actors were much better suited for the parts.

ImageImage
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Well Gatchaman II is just coming to BD in Japan in a month or two if I recall. As such, Sentai wouldn't have been allowed to put it on BD here.

Frankly, I'm a little skeptical on dealing with the sequels since they were several years later, so they clearly weren't planned from the get go.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:55 am

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 4KBD, BD and Digital Set

Also a set that had the 4K releases of X-Men First Class, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse in it. It's exclusive to my work and was only $30.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 am

Dr Kain wrote:Well Gatchaman II is just coming to BD in Japan in a month or two if I recall. As such, Sentai wouldn't have been allowed to put it on BD here.

Frankly, I'm a little skeptical on dealing with the sequels since they were several years later, so they clearly weren't planned from the get go.

Something can be planned from the get-go but for various reasons not be greenlit.

Mad Max Fury Road was planned by George Miller basically while he was making Beyond Thunderdome. Took 30 years to get it made.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Previous

Return to Daikaiju Home Media Releases