New Toy Purchases part 2

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New Toy Purchases part 2

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:24 am

Dang, Klen. That’s an impressive lineup!

I got some cool explosion effects recently. I’m really getting into the idea of making my collection display more into dioramas. It’s so much fun!

Ive also got some tamashii act damaged buildings on the way, as well as some Japanese n-scale model buildings to build. I’m also planning on painting and detailing the orange explosions to look more realistic like this:

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Those walking shots look great
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby UltramanGoji » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Got a figure I've been looking to grab for a few years now: The S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 1954.
One of my favorite suits and now possibly my favorite 6" scale Godzilla figure. The articulation and detail on this is insane. I'm glad I can now finally catch up on this series and all the new ones to come.
Looks great on my suit shelf! Still a few more to go before I'm all caught up!
UltramanGoji
Godzilla Egg

Postby Rody » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:03 pm

The 1954 SHMA is a very nice figure; the line is typically outside of my price range, but I got one of these on sale a couple of years back, and it's one of my favorites.

With KOTM on the horizon, naturally I've had movie merch on my mind. Last month I hunting around for these:

Rodan was my focus, as I intended to cover the other monsters with other brands. I do say, the Jakks Rodans look pretty nice - the big one is overpriced maybe, but not much more than Bandai vinyls these days.
(K-2SO was a surprise find at Walgreens. I'd been thinking about getting one some time, and then there he was!)

This week I finally found these two:

Yeah, I could have just ordered them online (now Rodan, him I have pre-ordered), but I wasn't that rushed to get them, and I saved a few bucks on shipping. Godzilla still has some sloppy face paint, and some of the articulation could use improving. Mothra is pretty small and feels kind of flimsy. Overall, though, sculpt details and paint apps on both are very good, and the articulation is serviceable. Not bad for $24 each.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Diabolik » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Got my hardcover from Peek-A-Boo Gallery.

BEAUTIFUL auction guide/exhibition hardcover FILLED with toys. AMAAING cover by Tom Whalen.

Also a new bling box mini Godzilla. LOVE these.
Diabolik
Little Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:38 am

Wow, that book looks really cool! I’d love to know more about what it is and where your learned about it. Never even heard of it before your post.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Diabolik » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:39 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:Wow, that book looks really cool! I’d love to know more about what it is and where your learned about it. Never even heard of it before your post.

I follow Tom Whalen on Instagram and he posted the cover, and a preorder link to the show

https://www.peekaboogallery.com/exhibitions-and-shows/

Book is gorgeous
Diabolik
Little Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Theres some good stuff, but it looks like it might be tricky to bid without being there.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Oh cool, it says they’ll be on display at G-fest next week. Maybe I’ll get the chance to see what they have set up and look at the book in person on Saturday. Thanks!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles