[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
‘Masters Of The Universe: Revelation’ • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

‘Masters Of The Universe: Revelation’

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

‘Masters Of The Universe: Revelation’

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:08 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: ‘Masters Of The Universe: Revelation’

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Pick up where the 80s show left off? Why? The show was plotless and had no character development whatsoever. Meanwhile, the 2002 series had many plots and lots of character development that got unresolved by premature cancelation. If any He-Man series deserves a continuation it is THAT one!
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:02 pm

^ but nobody watched that one
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:08 pm

^ Many fans in the older demographic did. I own the series on DVD and probably have watched it no less than a dozen times. It is darn near perfect. It's not that *Nobody watched it*, it's just that kids of that time seemingly did not want it because CN was indoctrinating kids so that now, some 15 years later, Good Action cartoons are all but dead, and all they have are dumb ass comedies for kids with ADD, or things that are much, much worse that I cant go into detail in on these forums.

It's a novel idea to try to create a new MoTU series that is *what fans my age have always wanted*. But that promise dosen't usually pan out for the most part. Unfortunately, as I've discovered, you really can't go back. The climate today will either make this show hated, or it will be forced to change to satisfy the vocal minority.

I've changed my outlook recently and finally came to the realization that, of the half-dozen or shows that were all cancelled pre-maturely that I truly loved-
2002 MoTU
2010 Avengers EMH
2011 Thundercats
2012 Green Lantern (as some examples)

I'd rather have them stay gone, rather than come back and be ruined such as as is the case with Voltron, She-Ra, and now, sadly even Young Justice
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:26 pm

So it's going to be just as campy as the original? Are going to get another Christmas special with Skeletor? Are there going to be post-episodes lessons about not taking candy from strangers or whatever the lesson of that episode was supposed to be about? Although He-man and Orco declining weed from animated Eternia versions of Jay and Silent Bob does strike me as funny but also something that wouldn't happen, even with Kevin Smith's involvement.

I honestly don't think a continuation of the original will work in this day and age. Continuing off the 2000's series seems a tad more feasible, as, in my eyes, that seems to be what the majority of the now adult fans would want. Although with it being a on a new platform a new series, not being reliant on the audience having watched either of the previous series, would be for the best.

That said, it does sound better than Thundercats Roar. Which has that been canceled yet? I haven't heard a peep about it since the disastrous announcement trailer? Holy cow, that was only a year ago, I thought it was longer than that like two years or so. Hmmm. Headlines from Google still say its releasing in 2019 but actual date. God willing that won't see the light of day.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:16 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am

After pondering it for a while. I'm still concerned. Kevin Smith isn't really known for doing anything kid friendly. We don't need/I don't want an R-rated He-Man, and that is my fear of the direction that this may go... I mean the animation for Castlevania is amazing , but the content is not my thing. Even if it is set in the original Filmation continuity, if the *feel* is like that of the 2002 MOTU series, that would be the best possible outcome. Call me skeptical, but I don't think we are going to get that. Its going to be one extreme or the other, because unfortunately Kevin Smith isn't really well known for telling stories that fit any sort of conventional wisdom.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 am

Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby daikaijusaurus » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:14 pm

I think they should've titled this Teela and the Masters of the Universe. :roll:

I'm a big He-Man fan, but I really don't have any confidence in this project. Obviously it's too early to judge, but just from Keven Smith being involved and the blurb sounding like this is going to be a Teela show instead of you know...He-Man...it doesn't sound good to me at all.
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Hawanja » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:34 pm

You know, I'm a super gigantic MOTU fan, I had all the toys as a kid (Scareglow, Randor, The Eternia towers, the works.) Kevin Smith is well aware of the kind of fan backlash this could receive if it doesn't stick to the vision/spirit of the original show, so I'm not too worried there.

So the show is going to be Teela-centric? Still doesn't sound too bad really. There's a lot of cool lore involving Teela, the sorceress, and Castle Greyskull they could explore. Regardless I'm still looking forward to it.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
Hawanja
Godzilla Jr.

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:24 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:23 am

Dare I get excited by this? It sounds promising, bit definitely keeping my optimism in check
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:13 pm

Kind of disappointed that Alan Oppenheimer is only playing Moss Man but not also reprising the role of Skeletor.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Hawanja » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Mark Hamill as Skeletor, I think we got it covered.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc
Hawanja
Godzilla Jr.

Postby daikaijusaurus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Very impressive voice cast, especially Mark Hamill as Skeletor! But am still not getting too excited knowing Hollywood's track record of messing up our past beloved franchises (ie. Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, etc...etc...etc.)
daikaijusaurus
Godzilla Jr.

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!