[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla Fest SF • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla Fest SF

This forum is for Festivals, Shows, and Convention Information, as well as information on Godzilla, Kaiju related Exhibitions and Displays, and screenings of Kaiju Films in the theatre and on television. Also discuss and alert others to fandom activities. Discuss fanzines, local fan gatherings and clubs, alert others to your G-related websites, etc. Meet and greet other fans! Have a ball!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla Fest SF

Postby O.Supreme » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:09 pm

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... strous-way

So...after wallowing in self pity about not being able to make it to Portland. My wish was seemingly granted in the form of A more grandiose Godzilla festival just 2 hours away...I dont know how just yet, but I have to make it to at least a couple of these films....

*edit* doing a little digging, unlike the Portland 3 film festivak, there is nothing at this bay Area one indicating whether these are actual film prints, or just projecitons from DVD or BRD sources. The films FCTW & WotG on Friday eening off both the *original american dubs* and *subtitled* in 2 different theaters. The English dub theater promises a *c;assic drive-in experience*, but still dosen't say these are actual film prints...Unfortunately now I am suspicious, and have e-mailed them for more info.

Still I'd love the chance to meet Dougherty and thank him for all his work on KotM, but I'ts a bucket list item for me to see an actual film print of Destroy All Monsters as it would have been seen in theaters originally with the AIP dub as is the case in Portland. Probably wont make the trip if these are just HD projections, because that means the dubs will just be the Toho ones.....
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Godzilla Fest SF

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 pm

Nice! It'll be tricky with two screens playing films at the same time all weekend but it looks like anyone who stays through all three days might be able to catch every movie once, although certainly not in all of the different language options.

Here's the from the first Godzillafest in San Francisco back in November 2004.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:43 am

My lady and I went to all three days of this and had a great time. Michael Dougherty and TJ Storm showed up for the screening of Godzilla King of the Monsters on Saturday. There was a trivia contest at the end of the film, and Michael Dougherty asked all the questions. I won a copy of the GKOTM blu ray, autographed by Michael. He mentioned that he'd never been to any kind of Godzilla fest before, so I'm sure he was thrilled to hear everyone cheering throughout the screening. TJ Storm was also there, I saw him signing autographs outside the theater.

I also got to meet Bob Johnson and Keith Aiken (known around here as kpa) as well as Kyle from Kaijucast.

I'll try to post some pictures later this week. Bob mentioned that they're planning to do another Japanese sci-fi fest in March, so I'll definitely be checking that out next year.
Last edited by Rodanex on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 am

That is cool. Unfortunately they never responded to my email as to if these were film prints or just HD projections. Cool you got to meet several folks. Would have been neat to meet Dougherty and thank him for his contribution, and to catch up with Keith, as I haven't seen him in person in quite some time.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Hey, didn't realize you were in Sacramento also, O Supreme!

Yeah it would have been awesome if they were film prints, but they were DVDs or Blu Rays being projected.
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Which movies did you get to see, Rodanex?
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Frankenstein vs Baragon
War of the Gargantuas
Rodan
Monster Zero
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla