[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Can you guys help me find an episode/show/movie? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Can you guys help me find an episode/show/movie?

This is the place to discuss Asian films from all areas and genres! From The Seven Samurai to Battle Royale, from Matango to Gunhed.....let the discussion begin!

Moderator: Controllers

Can you guys help me find an episode/show/movie?

Postby mechanicalhorizon » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:25 pm

I'm positive this was from a Japanese show/movie that was brought to the USA.

I remember watching it on (I think) WNUVTV 54 (or maybe channel 45) when I lived in Baltimore, MD sometime in the early 1980's.

It was in color (not colorized). The cast was all-Japanese and the show was from Japan, dubbed and brought to the USA.

There were a couple astronauts coming back to Earth in a reentry capsule, but when it was found and opened there were just two skeletons in it. One of them was holding a cube in it's hand. Anyone that touched the cube was reduced to a skeleton as well (this happened several times throughout the episode/movie.

That's mostly what I clearly remember. I thought it was an Ultraman episode, or maybe Jet Jaguar, but I've never been able to find it. I've re-watched all the Ultraman episodes from that time-frame and haven't found it.

I've also started watching Ambassador Magma (The Space Giants in the USA) but so far I haven't found it.

Anyone have any idea what show and episode or movie I'm talking about? I've tried a few other sites with no luck so far.
mechanicalhorizon
Godzilla Egg

Re: Can you guys help me find an episode/show/movie?

Postby mechanicalhorizon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Wow, I thought this site would know for certain.

I guess I'll never find it.
mechanicalhorizon
Godzilla Egg

Postby lhb412 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Not all the details match up, but the whole "spaceship returning to Earth and people turning into skeletons" bit, coupled with the fact that you say it's a Japanese superhero show leads me to believe that you're talkin' about episode 49 of Space Giants, the English dubbed version of the Japanese series Ambassador Magma.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Wow that is amazingly specific. I hope it turns out to be correct. The only live action TV series from Japan that made it over were Ultraman, Space Giants, Specterman, and Johnny Sokko. I saw the first 3 as a kid, but never saw the last one until S!F released it on DVD, and admittedly I haven't seen all the episodes. I know enough about Ultraman to agree that the described events did not appear in that series. The good news is that narrows it down to 3 shows and only about 140 episodes of content. But I'd start with lhb412 suggestion.first
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Return to Japanese and Asian Sci-Fi, Horror and non-Genre films!