[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla: King of the Monsters tie-in books • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla: King of the Monsters tie-in books

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla: King of the Monsters tie-in books

Postby lhb412 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 pm

I've been waiting for this! The 'art of' book as well as the official novelization have been announced for Godzilla: King of the Monsters! The novelization comes out same day as the movie, well the art book drops a few days later.

The most controversial, and unquestionably most popular part of the Godzilla 2014 art book was the various radical redesigns that were solicited to bring a fresh perspective on Godzilla's design. I can't wait to see the Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah equivalents of Godzilla with those porcupine spines!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters tie-in books

Postby klen7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:56 pm

I love these. The Artbook was better than the movie for PR:U - I was a little disappointed that a lot of stuff surfaced for KSI online that wasn't in the book
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 pm

It may not be an official tie-in, but there's going to be a special Godzilla issue of Life magazine at the end of this month!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:43 am

^ I hadn't heard about that, i'll pick that up
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 pm

^
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

That’s an awesome cover! I doubt I’ll pick it up since it’s likely geared toward a general audience and unlikely to contain much meatier stuff that would appeal to fans hardcore enough to be active members of a Godzilla message board for 20 years (omg I just made myself feel so old! Lol). But if I see it on a news stand I will certainly give it a look.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:29 am

^ Oh, I don't imagine the information will be anything more than basic for a fan like myself, but how often does Godzilla get his own issue of Life magazine? I got to have it!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 pm

~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm

^ that's quite the matching set! I picked up my own copy of the Life Magazine the other day. I have a few qualms with it, but it is essentially a decent long article on the series drawing from a good half-dozen sources (they pull from Steve and Ed's Honda book and interviewed JD Lees and Peter H. Brothers, etc.) and punctuated by lots of images. A few of the visuals looked pitifully low-res, but most of them were pretty cool. As weird as it may sound, I think I derived the most joy from a decent shot of the guy in the GINO suit!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:00 am

I finally found a copy of the new LIFE special edition this week, I've only glanced at it so far. I was a mite disappointed to see that LIFE used a screenshot or publicity still of Godzilla from RETURN OF GODZILLA towards the end that spreads across two pages and let the binding in the middle eats up about a third of Godzilla in the picture. LIFE could have sliced the image into two pieces and added some buffer space that would get eaten in the binding process so that people could see the entire image even if there was a little gap.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dai » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:48 am

Has anyone read the novelisation? It would be interesting to know if it includes any scenes that were cut from the theatrical version.
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 am

Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Return to Godzilla in Print