[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New Ultraman Anime! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New Ultraman Anime!

He's Red and Silver, as tall as a building, and kicks the butts of Giant Monsters!! He's also Japan's most enduring and favorite Superhero!! From Ultra Seven to Ultraman Orb, discuss the many incarnations of Ultraman here!! Let's not forget Zone Fighter! Kamen Rider! Gridman! The infinity of Toei Sentai Teams! For such a small island, Japan is bursting with colorful superheroes! Discuss Japanese Heroes here as well!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New Ultraman Anime!

Postby kidnicky » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:52 am

Whatever problem I had is fine now,and I’ve watched episodes 1 & 2. It’s cool enough for me to keep watching,the fight between Bemular and ultraman jr sold me on it,it was like a grown up power rangers.

That being said,I don’t get it. What I like,and what I gather most fans like,about tokusatsu and Kaiju movies and shows up s the actual,you know,tokusatsu. I understand there’s inherent issues with suits that aren’t an issue if you switch to animation,but then instead of regular animation they used PS2 cut scenes that have just as many drawbacks as suits do,just in different ways. You go from the Kaiju looking fake to the humans looking fake. Arguably worse,since the human scenes are where you’re supposed to identify with and empathize with the characters.

It’s the same issue as Netflix Godzilla,where it’s an anime reimagining of a Kaiju classic,but the people in charge don’t really know why people like Kaiju OR why they like anime.

That said,the Netflix Godzilla makes me doze off,and Netflix Ultraman is at least entertainment. It actually seems pretty cool from what I’ve seen in the first 2 episodes. Also I know some people didn’t like how it differed from the classic show,but I’ve read one or two volumes of the manga this was based on,so I expected it to be how it is.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu May 02, 2019 11:19 pm

I finally started the anime today. Got through the first 4 episodes and they were all right. There are some cool ideas and concepts, but some stuff is moving way too slowly for my taste. I also don't like how Ide is now super serious when he was supposed to be the comedic character. The other issue is good god is the animation horrible. Sometimes it looks like they are moving in slow motion and the CGI on the faces is horrendous. Not to mention there same 3 animation models keep appearing as background characters, especially the girl in the red hoodie.

That aside, I am curious to see where this story is headed. I do hope an opening theme starts up soon because right now it's kind of wrong not having one of those. It doesn't help that there is no ending theme either, so everything comes across feeling so generic in that regard.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri May 03, 2019 1:02 pm

OK, that is weird. I watched this show when it was first released, and there WAS an opening theme (the only episodes that didn't have one were the first and last, which sometimes occurs with Anime if they have longer episodes). I thought your *skip intro* might have been set to automatic or something, but nope, as of today its just not there (I see a *skip recap* option, which I've never seen before for any other show). The ending credits are all still there though. What's even stranger though, is that I cant even find it online. There is a fan made one on Youtube that looks pretty professional, but why Netflix would have removed it completely is very strange.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Thu May 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Finished it, not bad in the last four episodes, pretty cool actually. I was expecting the Zettonian dude to be revealed as a spy/traitor at the end of the season, but I guess that will end up being next season or something. Either way, that dude is totally behind the assassinations as he even set Ace up.

Oh yeah, I'm a little confused on the character's ages. Rena was born during Ultraman's tenure on Earth, Shinjiro was a year or two after. How is Rena in high school still since she would have to be 20?
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Finally finished the show. I'm quite "meh" about it. The original show was a staple of my childhood, so the nostalgia is strong, but I've never really kept up on the rest of the mythology apart from watching bits and pieces on Youtube. This means I'm probably not the target audience for a show like this, but anyway...

It never really felt like Ultraman to me. To me, Ultraman was about the giant superhero fighting giant monsters, and there was nothing giant about the anime. It felt like an Iron Man clone more than anything, but with a young adult becoming the hero. You know, like Spider-Man, Shazam, and so on. It was well made, and I didn't even mind the CG animation all that much, but my first impression held true. For me, it just wasn't Ultraman.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:24 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/heros_ultram ... 5476173824

I'm going to guess that this is alluding to a season 2 announcement?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 am

Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:40 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:09 pm

I'd buy that if it wasn't drenched in the usual shonen tropes
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Gentleman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Different is fine, but this was so different it felt with some design tweaks it could have been an unconnected property. Alter the armor's aesthetics somewhat, remove the Specium Ray and other Ultraman-associated weaponry, and it's just another guy in a powered suit.
I'm not a hero. I'm not a savior. Forget what you know.

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control.
Gentleman
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 am

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby sentaison » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 am

sentaison
Godzilla

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:53 am

really enjoying this anime so far. I like the fact it does something different with Ultraman.
superhedorahsaiyan
Baby Godzilla

Previous

Return to Ultraman and Japanese Heroes