[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Jordan Peele's Us • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Jordan Peele's Us

King Kong! Star Trek! The Lord of the Rings! Hellraiser! Star Wars! The Marvel Cinematic Universe! The Universal Monsters! Freddy and Jason! The Dead Trilogy! The DC Cinematic Universe! Battlestar Galactica! Hammer Films! Gorgo! The range of Western Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Movies and Television programs span the scope of the imagination; this is the forum to discuss them!

"Come get some..."

Moderator: Controllers

Jordan Peele's Us

Postby Benjamin Haines » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 pm

The new horror movie from writer/director Jordan Peele (Get Out, Key & Peele) opens this weekend. There are trailers and TV spots but I recommend avoiding them. I haven't watched any of them but I feel like I've gleaned more than enough details about the premise just from the online press coverage around the first trailer. Suffice to say this movie is about a family facing unspeakable terror.

I'm seeing it tomorrow. The last really good horror flick that I saw on the big screen was A Quiet Place nearly a year ago. (The Meg was decent and also more of an action movie.) I'm excited for Us based on the quality of Get Out and the cast led by Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Jordan Peele's Us

Postby lhb412 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:30 pm

I'll definitely be seeing this this weekend. Horror is in a great place right now, and I just got to hand it to Jordan Peele for making an original horror film that's not part of some legacy brand into a blockbuster event!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Us is a brutally effective horror-thriller. Having seen the movie now, I'm comfortable describing the premise in a bit more detail without going into spoilers. Us is about a family of four who are confronted by murderous doppelgangers of themselves. It's a home invasion thriller but it goes a lot further than that. The direction and characterization are brilliant. I really cared about everyone in this family and I was pulling for them the whole way.

The layers underneath the film's premise are loaded with meaning. There's so much to talk about but I'd rather wait until more folks here have seen the movie. If you're a fan of horror, check out Us!
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:32 pm

I hope that Jordan Peele makes an original horror movie every two years or so for the foreseeable future, because I can really get used to this. Us is my kind of movie, but I think I'd like to see it again before giving more of my thoughts on it, except for...

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:08 am

Willing to admit I had a horrible crowd who wouldn’t shut up and ruined every moment of tension and snickered at anything remotely weird, but was not very impressed with this aside from it being well directed. The ingredients are kinda all there but it all doesn’t really come together in a satisfying way.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Benjamin Haines » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Films and Television