[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Scooby-Doo : The Franchise • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Scooby-Doo : The Franchise

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

69%
31%
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Scooby-Doo : The Franchise

Postby lhb412 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 pm

I say this completely without irony: I am pumped for them to find this 13th ghost.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:41 am

Sucks that it's DVD only and not BD. That makes no sense in the modern age when everything is animated in HD.

Still, I will check it out since it was my favorite Scooby Doo series growing up and it never made sense to me why they didn't bother having one final episode with the last ghost getting caught.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. They put so much effort into these (well some of them), only to have them as *impulse buys*. I guess they are hoping most hardcore fans will go digital. I still purchase the dvd's though, if I want them enough. The oddest one was the "batman Unlimited" series, a trilogy of more stylized films. The first 2 were released on BD, but the 3rd film was dvd only... And of course the Batman B&TB/Scooby Doo crossover was DVD only as well.

I'm just glad the two Adam West films got a BD release.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm

I think the last Scooby Doo movie to get a blu ray release was Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon, for some reason Warner Home Video has been releasing them on DVD only since then. It would have been nice to pick up Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold on blu-ray; I'd rather not just "buy" a digital copy even if it's in HD as those can (and have) "disappeared" on people.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:02 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:31 am

Just watched a bunch of episodes of the new series, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? Like The New Scooby-Doo Movies show, each episode has a special celebrity guest star.

The most jarring guest star was Jaleel White reprising his role as Urkle. I mean, it's fun for me who knows who this character is, but I'm sure the kids are clueless.

I loved the episode with Jim Gaffigan, who is a competitor in the relay car race/eating contest. And I feel like the Rickey Gervais episode, they wrote a barebones script for the regular cast and let Ricky riff and it's glorious. Wonder Woman trains Velma and Daphne how to fight and the gang help find Alfred when he gets kidnapped (and he apparently worked a short stint for Daphne's family). And the show was hitting all of my right buttons with the episode where Weird Al's accordion camp gets attacked by a dinosaur.

Also Kate Micucci takes over the role of Velma and does great job.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Re: A Pup Named Scooby-Doo

Postby mr.negativity » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:36 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm

Okay, the animation style and character designs are fine. As much of a shame it is that the usual voice cast has been replaced with celebrities, I have mostly made peace with that systemic issue. I will say that Will Forte did a better job than I was expecting, but it's only a few lines and I was on my phone, so I could be wrong.

On one hand, I like the idea that they seem to be creating a H-BCU by have Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, and other Hanna Barbera characters. On the other hand, with the various H-B characters (and the destiny angle of IMDB's plot synopsis) makes me wonder if this will still feel like Scooby-doo or it'll lose that in trying to be a part of something bigger.

But I'm always down for more Scooby-Doo.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Re: Scooby-Doo & The Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:37 pm

The ‘Scoob!’ Final Trailer Sets Up the Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:10 pm

I saw the trailer prior to our screening of Sonic. i was so busy being unimpressed, I thought the veiled reference to the Blue Falcon was a false memory implanted by myself to try to make it seem better. Glad I was wrong. Ill still probably pass on this film, but would be interesting to see some films of lesser known HB IP.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!