[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Kong Did Win • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Kong Did Win

Discuss the original series of Godzilla films! From "Terror of Tokyo" to Puppy-faced Super-hero, the Showa Era had something for everyone!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: ...

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Kong Did Win

Postby canofhumdingers » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:03 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:30 am

I guess Toho's official press release is also erroneous.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby The Giant Pacific Octopus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:21 am

I was talking to O.Supreme's teacher at his school and she was showing me some of his schoolwork.

Just kidding. :P
"The gigantic octopus is a slimy, loathsome creature and one of Tsuburaya's best creations."

STEVE RYFLE from "Japan's Favourite Mon-Star"
The Giant Pacific Octopus
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:48 am

I mean, you can mentally justify it however you want, obviously.

For me, I had ALWAYS considered it a tie. From the time I first saw the movie until I first heard any theory about alternate endings or anything like that (which was like a good...ten years? maybe more) I watched the movie from the time I was like, 4 until I was 14 thinking "they tumbled into the ocean and it was a tie." I grew up also watching Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster, and Godzilla's Revenge and remember Minya saying Godzilla is strong underwater...so like, I personally always just considered it a tie.

To this day, I kinda still do.

But that doesn't change the facts. And the FACT is Toho and Honda intended it as Godzilla having lost. I'm fine with that. My enjoyment of a character and sense of his worth aren't tied to the outcomes of fictional fights.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:43 am

There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby The Giant Pacific Octopus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:51 am

That book (Toho Films Vol 8, where Toho stated that King Kong won) went up for auction recently

That Auction site had a whole bunch of those catalogue books on auction.

Here's Toho Films Vol 9

It seems Toho would usually give away the endings when they wrote up the synopsis for thier films.

Here's Rodan

and the Kurasawa film Sanjuro

Here's Invasion of the Astro Monster

Although they don't reveal the outcome of the monster battle. Just that the X aliens are defeated.
"The gigantic octopus is a slimy, loathsome creature and one of Tsuburaya's best creations."

STEVE RYFLE from "Japan's Favourite Mon-Star"
The Giant Pacific Octopus
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Showa Era: 1954-1975