[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
New Toy Purchases part 2 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

New Toy Purchases part 2

Discuss Vinyl Toys, Action Figures, Candy Toys, Godzilla Meat...whatever!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: New Toy Purchases part 2

Postby swfreakjpb » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:04 am

Its been a while. Lost track of what I have already posted. This is the last six months or year.

Cause who would have thought Bandai would actually make some.

Got the Y-MSF Rodan for super cheap and then decided to go after other Showa figs. Too bad I missed out on the Kumunga as cheap as the Rodan was, from same seller.

My latest of the latest

Glad I got the pre order for the Gargantuas. Finished up my Yamakatsu set with the Mechanikong. Super cheap Zigra. Always wanted a Kamacuras. Last small Showa Bandai fig. I needed to get. I have kept from getting a Bandai Mecha Ghidorah movie figure since they are usually pretty high priced for me, being unpainted like that. I decided I wanted to get the Forever series one before I bought the unpainted version. I found one for the same price range, $70.
Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:08 am

The Ymsf Kumonga is fantastic. Probably my favorite figure they did with Rodan and Gabara round out the top 3
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:00 pm

I ordered the SHMAs of Shin Godzilla Awakening, Spitfire Godzilla 14 and G54. I've gotten in Shin Goji and Spitfire but I'm pretty sure my G54 got lost in the mail. The seller on Amazon (from Japan) shipped it out on February 12th via Japan Post with no tracking info and the standard shipping method. I contacted him on Friday and he just issued me a full refund which if G54 doesn't arrive in a week and half when I get paid again I'm going to track it down.

So far I've only opened Shin Godzilla, I was waiting because I wanted to do unboxing/review videos but there's enough of those on YouTube that I decided to hold off. I need to get a new shelf put up in my room so I can display the rest of my SHMAs. Right now I have Destoroyah Evolution Set minus the flying form, Destoroyah Final Form, Burning Godzilla 1st release, Godzilla Junior 1st release, Comic Con Explosion Godzilla, MG93 1st release, Godzilla 94, Space Godzilla 1st release, Little Godzilla 1st release, Kiryu Normal Version, G2K 1st release, Biollante and King Ghidorah on display. I still need to display Godzilla 64 1st release, Godzilla Junior Adult, Fire Rodan, Mothra, Battra, Larva Sets and Flying Destoroyah. I may hold off of displaying Imago Mothra and Battra just because of how their stands are I don't want them to fall and break.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:23 pm

If they shipped your G54 via regular SAL, there is no tracking info and it can easily take well over a month. I use registered SAL on my HLJ orders (it's the same shipping method, but for a few bucks more they offer rudimentary tracking info) and it usually takes about 5 weeks to arrive.

From what I understand, SAL is "space available" where basically the cargo container sits in the shipping facility until it fills up with SAL shipments. Once it's full, th container sits there until a vehicle (ship? plane? I'm not sure) has extra space available when it's ready to leave.

So it can take a while. I think the longest it's ever taken for me is 6 or 7 weeks. But, hey, it's way cheaper!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby H-Man » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:43 pm

I am not at all a collector but the YMSF Gabara (and their other obscure Showa kaiju) appeals to me because it feels like such a novelty item. Like... it's a suit-accurate Gabara!
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:18 pm

^^ I'd echo what canofhumdingers said about SAL
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 am

The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby swfreakjpb » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:16 am

After his long month and a half journey, Bandai Frankenstein has arrived.
I am so loving it. This is a great line so far. That header card is so great I almost did not want to take it out pf the bag.

Joined in 1997

"Godzilla doesn't give a crap about France" (Tom Green)

Where's a Giant Monster when you need one?
swfreakjpb
Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:49 am

^ a great looking set. Now bring on that new Baragon :D
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 am

Love me some Dinos so I had to pick this up.

It's great! It's like a NECA but less detailed and with joints that won't break at the drop of a hat.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Biollante arrived the other day. She’s short (as expected) but still a pretty large chunk of vinyl overall. The sculpt is GREAT and the paint is pretty nice too.

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Fri May 04, 2018 3:32 am

My birthday gift came in the other day.

Love these revoltech figures. One of the next things I want is the Mafex Justice League Superman. I wish you could buy extra heads, as I'd love to customize one with a mustache.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 am

Mafex JL Superman is awesome. He comes with three heads, two of which are dang near identical (I call them “stern look” and “slightly sterner look”). So once in hand, you might be able to decide to sacrifice one of them for a mustachioed look, if that’s really what you want...

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun May 06, 2018 1:20 am

Beautiful! Now I just have to decide on which Robocop I want to get from them. Although I am leaning towards Robocop 1 but the blue/purple chrome sheen on Robocop 2 is very appealing.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 am

The Beasts of the Mesozoic have finally arrived!

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby UltraDada72 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:23 am

My last was Evolution Toy Fireman. I was a bit wary due to the initial release of Zone Fighter being so problematic (joints that popped off easily and loose, flimsy joints). However, I'm happy to say my Fireman is good, no loose joints, no issues. I'm also going to get Spectreman when it comes out later in the year.

UltraDada72
Baby Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:23 am

Got my Man of Steel!

Now... to get a bootleg NECA Christopher Reeve Superman to replace the leg on the actual figure.

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 pm

So I'm swimming in Suchomimus basically! This is a brand-new figure from the second wave of the Mattel Jurassic World line. I wanted to avoid any major issues with the eyes like I had with Stegosaurus, where they would be printed misaligned on the figure and end up looking very weird, so I bought a few and picked the best of the litter to open. No plans on what to do with the rest yet.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Rody » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm

I stopped by a local comic shop yesterday, and was surprised to find a NECA 24" Godzilla 2014 for about $60. I took the opportunity and brought it home.

It's a really nice figure. I was kicking myself for not buying it while in-production (twice!), so I'm very happy to have one at last.
Rody
Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:34 pm

I think it just recently got a reissue, NECA's done that for a fair few figures recently. It's 2018 and Gordon Freeman action figures are back on store shelves, it's crazy.
Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby UltraDada72 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 am

My latest purchases were S.H. Figuarts Ultraseven and Bandai Ultra Action Ultraman Rosso and Blu.

My next figure to come in the mail is S.H. Figuarts Geed Royal Megamaster.
UltraDada72
Baby Godzilla

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:52 am

Got my 1st SH Monsterarts Godzilla today. Didnt even open the box yet. '93 Ohrai Noriyoshi Poster Version

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Godzilla Egg

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Picked up a Funko Pop standard paint Godzilla and a King Kong today at a POP event I heard about yesterday. Not a POP collector but just to have them before the 2020 movie release would be cool. Decent deal. Both for $35 total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Godzilla Egg

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Just scored a SH monsterarts GMK off of ebay NIB for $59 with free shipping....Happy about that one.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Godzilla Egg

Postby canofhumdingers » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Ooh the GMK is a great figure! He has a very commanding shelf presence.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Figures, and Other Collectibles