[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Rumor mill • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Rumor mill

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Rumor mill

Postby lhb412 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 pm

^It's apparently a big seller at school book fairs and popular at libraries, so we're talking a very different audience then the comic shop crowd.

One of the reasons DC's move to making YA graphic novels of their characters using already popular YA talent is so smart - the big two should've been doing that for years!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am

of course from a business perspective it is smart. But changing things to cultivate new readers, will only isolate the older fans, which is why I'm pretty sure after *Avengers 4* Ill be done with the MCU. If they start making movies of the characters from the Marvel of the past 5 years, I'm done. Also when I was growing up in the 80's they didn't really change the characters from the 60's for me. Sure they added new ones , and that's fine. But they did not revert everyone's age just for my demographic. Spider-Man and the X-Men that had started out as teens in the 60's were all grown up in the 80's, thus the reason why I prefer all these heroes as adults rather than kids/teens. Of course I know its fiction, and time is fluid, and adults probably don't spend as much money (which is ironic since its the adults that have all the money... :roll: ). But adding to the diversity to gain new fans is one thing. Taking us 40 something's and saying -"Thanks for your life-long patronage, but its time to grow up, we don't need/want you anymore" kind of sucks.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:14 pm

^ one of the big issues the industry is facing is that it has historically catered too much to older clientèle and it hasn't been bringing in new fans, cinematic box office is not translating into monthly issue sales as a general rule (GOTG being a big exception). Growing up i would grab issues off the rack at my local grocery store, now you need to go to a specialty store to find comics.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:14 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Speaking of which, guess who cameod in the latest episode of the Avengers Animated Series:

https://www.watchcartoononline.com/aven ... 2-westland

I swear this show is soooo frustrating. It's a pale imitation of the MCU, and will never be anywhere near as good as the Legendary Avengers: EMH. However, when it actually dares to go "off script", and do something marginally interesting, they do that thing "Hey remember THAT Scene, or THAT line of dialogue from your favorite MCU? Yeah- were gonna jam it in here as awkwardly and uncomfortably as we can. :x

I know now more than ever, kids have more choices in what to watch, but with hardly anyone seemingly watching these marvel shows, I don't know why they keep making them. They don't sell toys, they don't generate ratings, they don't even encourage kids to see the MCU movies, the films own marketing does that...these all just seem pointless.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Reboot?

Postby mr.negativity » Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 am

She-Ra gets a makeover! A first look at the new Netflix series and meet the cast
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Sat May 19, 2018 10:51 am

^ I was initially very excited for this series. I guess I thought in some ways it might be the spiritual successor to the 2002 MOTU series. But now I have concerns. You can't really tell She-Ra's origin without He-Man. But it looks as thought they my try to minimize it as much as possible. Silver Surfer had a short lived series in the late 90's where they tried to establish his origin without the F4. It did not go well. Also I have other concerns...but since those opinions are not popular, I'll leave those to myself.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:17 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Mon May 21, 2018 3:44 pm

O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Power Rangers Animated Show

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 am

Original Red Power Ranger Teases Secret Animated Project
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!