[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Minya's 50th Anniversary! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Minya's 50th Anniversary!

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Minya's 50th Anniversary!

Postby lhb412 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:06 pm

Yup, I certainly almost forgot this major anniversary, but thankfully the folks at The Godzilla Store in Japan have not!

https://twitter.com/godzilla_st/status/ ... 7766738944

Those are some stylish duds! I was clued into this by this blog post

I know Minya has faced a lot of hatred over the years from fans who find him to be just a bridge too far, but I've always liked the little spud. Part of it is that I just really like the two films where he's most prominent: Son of Godzilla is in my top five and I think Godzilla's Revenge is underrated (and Minya cracks me up in that film - "just feeling lonely 'cause I got no friends" !) I'm not the biggest fan of Final Wars, but I dig that he was brought back with the rest of the menagerie and it boggles my mind that his part was essentially a Godzilla's Revenge homage.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Toho returned to the original Showa series continuity one day, and if so I'd like to see Minya growing into a more Godzilla-like form.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Re: Minya's 50th Anniversary!

Postby eabaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Awesome! I had no idea, and I am likewise a big Minya fan! Maybe the wife will be down to watch Son of Godzilla tonight! :-)
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:00 pm

I've always thought of Little Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla as the Heisei Series incarnation of Minilla. The character in the Showa series was never shown in a form that paralleled Baby Godzilla (a newborn Godzillasaurus) or Godzilla Junior (an adolescent Godzilla), but Minilla and Little Godzilla both represent toddler-like versions of Godzilla's species.

I like Minilla too. He's funny in every film appearance. He also embarrasses teenage Godzilla fans right when they're at that age where they don't want to be associated with anything perceived as childish. That's nature's way.

It's the 50th anniversary of the peak of the monster boom! Son of Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, Yongary, Gamera vs. Gyaos, The X From Outer Space, Gappa the Triphibian Monster, and Ultra Seven all turn 50 this year! What we need now is a sequel to Godzilla: Final Wars that brings all of those characters together with a full-grown Minilla. It's time for Minilla: Final Wars.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:13 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:01 pm

I did watch Son of Godzilla fairly recently. I'll try to make time to watch the others before this year is over, although I don't own the Media Blasters DVD of Gappa with the widescreen Japanese version. I've only got a full-screen DVD of the Monster From a Prehistoric Planet AIP-TV version. I've always found it to be a boring ripoff of Gorgo and King Kong vs. Godzilla.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Oh, I see what your saying. But do the films explicitly state that he's not mutated or is that just implied or an assumption? Because the idea that he's not an actual mutated Godzilla until the events in GvsD doesn't make sense... We see a fully grown Godzillasaurus in GvsKG. Little Godzilla in GvsSG is dramatically larger and looks completely different than that dinosaur. I mean, I guess it doesn't make any sense that Little Godzilla and Godzilla Junior are roughly the same height either... but still.

I guess I always just inferred that the egg was already irradiated. When it hatched, it was a baby godzilasaurus who was already set to grow into another Godzilla. The Bass (Birth?) Island explosion just sped up his growth process.

Edit: aaaannnddddd.... I just re-read your post and realized you also said he was irradiated in GvsSG. I'll just stop talking now.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Return to Godzilla Films In General