[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Cool Videos Thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Cool Videos Thread

Discuss items of general interests about all the Godzilla films--actors, favorite G suits. etc.

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Cool Videos Thread

Postby lhb412 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:26 pm

This is a preview for Orion Home Video's line of four kaiju VHS releases: Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster, The X From Outer Space, Gappa, and Yongary. This kinda makes me sad, as I was a '90s kid who frequented video stores and I would often begin and end my browsing where the Godzilla videos were. I wish I could go back and give kid me a list of other kaiju films that were available that I would've really enjoyed. I only rented Rodan because some kindly soul violated the alphabetical order by placing it with the Godzillas at one store!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:08 am

Those old trailers always take me back and make me remember when I used to build these movies up in my mind before seeing them. When I was a kid, I had a trailer for Terror of Mechagodzilla at the end of my copy of Mothra vs. Godzilla, that I must have taped off TV or something, but man, unlike the typical US trailer we're more familiar with, it didn't name all the kaiju and what was happening in the movie, it was basically just a clip. I had NO idea what Titanosaurus was, and for some reason, I thought he was another cyborg or something along those lines and I built up the movie like crazy.
In those days too, when I did that for a movie, they almost always actually lived up.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:29 pm

...I kinda wanna recreate that quadruple feature, now.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:47 pm

I know this first video was shared before but I thought I'd throw it along these other two -

~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:40 pm

I don't recall ever seeing this double bill trailer for Godzilla's Revenge and Island of the Burning Damned before.

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby O.Supreme » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Ahhh...the good old days 8)
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby Dai » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:11 pm

A long video, but entertaining after the overly-long intro. Amusing critiques of classic Godzilla movie posters.

Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:42 pm

The 8Os Commercial Vault is an iconic Youtube channel, and their latest video features the commercials shown during a Godzilla Marathon shown on WTIC on July 11, 1987. Plenty of commercials for all sorts of stuff, but the Godzilla bumpers are sprinkled in... not sure what version of BOC's Godzilla song they're using. A cover? A live version?

... seems like this was one of those local channels that was morphing into a affiliate for the newly established Fox network.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dai » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:09 pm

This guy does some of the funniest toy reviews I've seen. He hasn't done many Godzilla reviews, but the ones on there are worth watching. Trigger warning: he's not gentle with these things...

Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:44 pm

^ that's not overly rough... those ball joints pop out all the flippin time. There's ways to fix it, but at their price point you'd think they'd be a bit more sturdy
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:15 am

Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Dai » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:17 pm

This YouTuber has done a bunch of videos like this. Most of them are pretty funny.

Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Psycho Soldier » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:31 pm

This one's so stupid, but I love it.

"Available for your home in 1995, only on Nintendo Ultra 64!"
Psycho Soldier
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 am

It's cool that the French distributors of Godzilla, King of the Monsters! decided to use the Japanese characters for 'Godzilla' in their opening credits, but you'll see that they made a slight mistake...

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Mexigojira » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Silly and funny video, and that's one well made Minya puppet.
"There are 4 things that I've learned to dont discuss, because they end with people killing each other: Religion, politics, sports, and logic on anime and kaiju movies"

Anibal
Mexigojira
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Joseph Goodman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJaQam9EdWk

The infamous Daicon III & IV shorts by Gainax. Set that playback speed to .25 and catch all the kaiju/toku appearences!
Joseph Goodman
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Wonderful little 'micro doc' on Haruo Nakajima:

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:11 am

Svengoolie's opening segments for KOTM and GRA:

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:16 am

ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 pm

TV spots for the 1956 re-release of King Kong and oh my god is that the same announcer for the famous Godzilla, King of the Monsters trailer?!

That's gotta be him, right? The stretches of silence are apparently for the station announcer to list local showtimes.

And to think: you could see Godzilla's American debut and the original Kong in theaters that year!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:45 pm

...It's been a few days, but discovering another voiceover from the KoTM trailer guy is still blowing my mind!!! Does anyone have any idea who this guy was?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Baltan II » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Baltan II
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 am

so much fun.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:32 pm

^There's actually some really interesting ideas executed in the effects for The Last Dinosaur, but it clashes with the cartooniness of both the designs and many of the actions in the finished film. It's like Tsuburaya was still in '70s Ultraman mode while trying to do more realistic dinosaur effects.

It's a bit like when Hanna Barbara animators were under the crunch making Jonny Quest sometimes and slipped into Flintstones-style animation for a second... only, far more than a second in this case!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Hey, it's the Second Annual Sci Fi Holiday Festival, and we only missed it by 33 years!

I dig the breadth of this marathon: starts out with Gamera vs Jiger, then the Johnny Sokko compilation film, and the second half is two Toho movies with Mothra and King Kong vs. Godzilla. You cover a couple of countries and get a nice sampler.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Godzilla Films In General