[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
E3 2016 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

E3 2016

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

E3 2016

Postby Henry88 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:22 pm

i always enjoy doing things in advance,perhaps they show off mass effect this year.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: E3 2016

Postby Dr Kain » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:44 pm

I hope we see something from either a new Red Dead or GTAVI. I also want to see an apology from Konami, Nintendo announce that every Wii U owner will get a $100 voucher off the NX as an apology for their **** up, a REAL Metroid game, some gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 (or whatever the new CD Projeckt Red game is called), and some new IPs that are mind blowing.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:26 am

Skyrim ported to next gen bank on it :wink:
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Overall, Microsoft gave a really solid conference that I give a B+ to. It lost some steam during the Minecraft bit and the guy playing FFXV sucked, but came back up afterwards and this was a great way to start the week off. I hope Sony can only improve on this given that I have more of an investment in them. We Happy Fee stole the show for me, but there were a lot of great games showed off. I do wish they went into more details on Recore, but oh well. Well done.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Ubisoft's conference as a whole was very mediocre. The best of the show was the new South Park game and I'm not even a SP fan. WD2 shows that it could have potential, but knowing Ubisoft, they'll screw it up. The rest of their conference was a snoozefest and everything they showed was generic. I give them a D.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Wow, just wow, that was an amazing confere... uh... game montage. First off, it started off badass with the orchestra playing a kick ass music only to have it revealed that it goes to the newest God of War. God of War blew me away with how different it looks. Not to mention it seems like Pandora's evil has finally been flushed from his system. This is an automatic buy.

Days Gone blew me away and I bet this is what was expected to be The Last of Us 2. Can't wait to play it.

Horizon and The Last Guardian didn't look as good as it did in the past, so the hype is kind of gone for me.

I'm all for a Spider-Man game from Insomniac. HELL YEAH!!!

Kojima coming out and saying, "I'm back," was priceless and the game looks incredible.

Detroit really took me interest, but I'm not sure what the replay value will be like since it is done by the same guys of Heavy Rain.

The biggest sour in my mouth was Crash Bandicoot. I'm so happy that we are at least getting remasters of the original PS1 games, but what the "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" Sony? Give us a brand new one and not some damn Skylanders bullshit!!!

I'm also disappointed we didn't get anything on FFVII remake, RE2 remake, Shenmue 3, and Red Dead 3.

Speaking of Resident Evil, I'm really curious to see how 7 is going to turn out. It looks like a horror game once again instead of a Gears of War wannabe. I hope it turns out good.

Overall, this conference gets an A+ from me and Sony has stolen the show. They hit it all right because they showed off the games and only occassionally talked about stuff, and they didn't talk too long. They learned from their mistakes last year and they knew exactly what they wanted to do. Even the new Call of Duty Star Wars was kind of impressive.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Nintendo's conference was a travesty, if you can even call it a conference. They spent 55 minutes on Pokemon to the point where it was pretty much a Let's Play and then a mini Let's Play on the new Zelda. If Nintendo only had two games to show, they shouldn't have even bothered with a conference type stream. They did though, and therefore it is only fair to grade them like every other conference, and I give them a big giant E for EPIC FAILURE!! They have pretty much ignored all of the other 3DS games they have coming out for just Pokemon and telling us redundant information. They couldn't even be bothered to make a trailer of their upcoming games.

The new Zelda looks like The Witcher meets The Wind Waker and I can not wait for it. Of course, I'm not sure I'm willing to buy a new console for it.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

God of War looks interesting and so does Spider Man other than that I could care less about everything else annouced.

Capcom seems to be turning RE7 into an Outlast clone which isn't good :|
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:04 am

I disagree. RE needed to go back to being a horror franchise, so this is the best way to do it. It's not perfect, but I'll take it over the garbage mess the game series has become.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:56 am

I'm excited to try Titanfall 2, but the only thing I'm really excited about is Pokémon Sun/Moon and the FF12 remaster.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dr Kain » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:14 pm

Games I'm excited for:

God of War 4
Resident Evil 7
Horizon
Detroit
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Inside
We Happy Few
Spider-Man

Games I'm curious about but may not end up playing;

Watch_Dogs 2
Recore
Days Gone
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 am

I'm in total agreeance that RE7 needs to go back to its horror roots. I'm in dissagreence though that they seem to be turning it into a jump fest that Outlast is. That being said I'll get RE7 when it's ported to Xbox I'm not picking up the Playstation VR just to play it.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Inui Takumi » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:02 pm

E3 as a whole has become a shadow of what it used to be. The conferences may have started on Sunday evening and ended Tuesday but it was really just two days of show, on our end anyway. I miss the days when we had more than 3 studios that had conferences and there were more mindblowing games being shown. Nowadays its either a sequel or a new way to connect one network to another social thing etc etc.

That being said, there were still a handful of titles I'm really looking forward to.

Horizon: Zero Dawn has my interest piqued. I cannot wait to try that game. It's refreshing to see new IP with interesting concepts. I've only played a bit of Dishonored but I like what I've seen from Dishonored 2 enough to go back and play the first one. I remember For Honor looking really cool last year and it still looks like a fun action game to play now.

I actually liked Watch Dogs 1 despite it not living up to the promises made during its E3 debut. And WD2 looks like it at least makes the main character more interesting to play. And seeing as Ubisoft has started to spread out their release schedule, hopefully that means they put more time into this game.

I was actually surprised, like a lot of people, that they space FPS game they showed turned out to be CoD: Infinite Warfare. I've only played CoD4 but this one looks fun. We haven't seen much from Injustice 2 but I loooove the armor designs and the idea that it's something that you can put on, hopefully mid-match. And Spiderman on the PS4 sold me based on the designs and that it is being developed by Insomniac.

I have no idea what Death Stranding is gonna be about but I'm just happy that Hideo Kojima is back in the game already. I've been a fan of his work since MGS2 and Zone of the Enders so I'll check out anything that he puts out.

And something that I actually didn't see until today that has me excited is this game called Absolver by Devolver Digital. I haven't seen a lot of the videos yet but it looks like a martial arts RPG with rather complex fight mechanics, which is something I've always wanted more of in games since the Batman games started coming out. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.
Inui Takumi
Little Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More