[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee vs Save the Earth • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee vs Save the Earth

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee vs Save the Earth

Postby Dai » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:05 pm

I used to have the Gamecube version of DAMM, but for some reason I ended up selling it years ago. I regret that now, but I can't decide whether to buy another copy of DAMM or get Save the Earth instead. Reviews tend to give Save the Earth a lower score, but I don't know if that's just from it not improving over the earlier game or if it's actually worse in some way; the reviews I've read don't address that point. So which do you prefer, and what are the differences aside from Save the Earth's larger roster? Also, is there much difference in performance and graphics between the PS2 and Xbox versions of Save the Earth?
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee vs Save the Earth

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm pretty sure the graphics for save the earth on Xbox were noticeably better than on the ps2, but I only had the ps 2 version. As for which game to get, I'd go for save the earth. Some people say DAMM was more polished, and maybe it was, but I think the real issue people had with StE was that it is painfully obvious the game was pushed out well before it was actually completed. But even so, with StE you get pretty much everything you got with DAMM but with the addition of a much bigger roster, more and larger/better maps, more modes of gameplay including some fun mini levels (the underwater level where you chase down Ebirah is pretty cool). So even though you can tell there was supposed to be a more complete single player story mode that never saw the light of day, you're still getting a better over all package.

All that being said, if you can get Godzilla for the PS4, it totally blows ANY of the pipe works games out of the water by a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot!
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:20 pm

StE on Xbox looks better and plays better than the PS2 version. However the PS2 version should still have multiplayer support whether or not people still play it online is a different story.

As for the advantage(s) of DAMM if you get the Xbox version it supports custome soundtracks so you can play the game with actual Godzilla music.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Dai » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll go with the Xbox version of Save the Earth for now. If that doesn't grab me I'll try the PS4 game, but from the videos I've seen it seems like the older games had a more rounded fighting engine, since you could block, throw enemies, throw rocks and buildings at enemies, etc. Am I wrong?
Dai
Heisei Godzilla

Postby RaptorG » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:05 pm

RaptorG
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Indeed Godzilla PS4 isn't a fighting game it's a simulation game and that's why I think the game got poor reviews is because people are thinking it's a fighting game.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:51 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:15 am

The PS4 game I would say is a simulator with fighting elements in it a lot genres often get mashed together now.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 am

STE is basically DAMM with more kaiju. I've always preferred the Nintendo Gamecube controller over Xbox or PS2 so I've played DAMM probably ten times as much as STE in my life. I also think the graphics and motion look smoother on DAMM for Gamecube than either version of STE. I think it really comes down to which of those consoles you prefer.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby RaptorG » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 am

RaptorG
Godzilla Jr.

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More