[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Cartoon Network Thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Cartoon Network Thread

From Scooby Doo to Adult Swim, from Johnny Quest to Samurai Jack; discuss cartoons and animation here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: The Cartoon Network Thread

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:42 pm

I have little doubt that the Network Execs are happy. I just don't understand the shift in general. I guess the fans are getting what they want -mind-numbingly dumb comedy- I am more a fan of action/sci-fi animation myself but, again, CN killed off all of them. I'm not saying I hate comedic tunes, the WB & MGM classics will always be my favorites, and in the 90's I enjoyed The Tick, Freakazoid, Pinky & The Brain etc... I just don't find anything of entertainment value in the current CN shows. I guess I am just too old...
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:49 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:34 am

My guess is the S.M.I.B. (Sailor Moon Influence Bomb) probably went off in the early 90s on the USA Network.

Unfortunately, CN even kills off gems like their Sci-Fi Action-Comedy Megas XLR.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:02 pm

I swear I saw one episode of Megas XLR thought it was the coolest thing and the next day I read about its cancellation.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:23 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: ‘Regular Show’

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 am

Cartoon Network’s ‘Regular Show’ Set to End With Season 8
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:06 pm

^Mark Hamill tweeted a little while back that the upcoming season would be its last. Used to love the show, but I trailed off when the love triangle became the focus. I'll try to tune in to the finale stuff, though. The show has actually been out of rotation on CN for a while now, but I see they're promoting it's return with a week of new "Regular Show in Space" episodes. Adventure Time has also been out of rotation. I hope that they're planning to make a big deal out of its return. I know the ratings were weak(er) for this season, and that's a shame, as I felt season 7 was a massive improvement on the muddled season 6. Honestly, it was an improvement on the last couple of Adventure Time seasons: really got back to the core of what makes the show great, and the experimental episodes were actually really cool instead of navel gazey (often the case in season 6).

With what has in many ways been an atrocious year I've stuck almost entirely to TCM and Cartoon Network. I mean, they've always been my favorites, but even more lately as they've become almost exclusive. I think CN is in a great place now, We Bare Bears and Clarence are great, Steven Universe is one of the best cartoons ever made, and I've really warmed up to Gumball, which has been out for several years but I think is better than ever. Gumball is funny as hell.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 am

It’s a dark day in the Land of Ooo, as Cartoon Network announced this morning that “Adventure Time” will end in 2018.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Regular Show

Postby mr.negativity » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 am

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Huh, the voices on Gumball have changed again.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:45 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Previous

Return to I Wanna Watch Cartoons!!