[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
EIJI TSUBURAYA: MASTER OF MONSTERS by August Ragone • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

EIJI TSUBURAYA: MASTER OF MONSTERS by August Ragone

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: EIJI TSUBURAYA: MASTER OF MONSTERS by August Ragone

Postby lhb412 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 am

Read this on the beach. Wonderful read, and maybe my favorite kaiju book because it concentrates on the era I'm most interested in (the '50s and '60s); goes into the influences, pre-kaiju film projects, and non-sci film effects films (no idea Tsuburaya did effects shots for a Sinatra war picture!); and is just jammed packed with incredible behind the scenes images that make this book great on practically a coffee table art book level.

Now, I can't say what I've done for the longevity of the book with the thousands of grains of sand now burrowing into the spine...
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby walshiam » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 am

Gotta hand it to August. His book is nothing short of a work of art. Any Godzilla and Ultraman fan who doesn't have one really needs to ask the question "why not?"
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby Gojizilla » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:39 pm

I know that he won an award for his work on Gojira, what else did he win awards for?
Gojizilla
Little Godzilla

Previous

Return to Godzilla in Print