B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth #122 and #123

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth #122 and #123

Postby mr.negativity » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:44 pm

B.P.R.D. 'Jumping On' Story Features MIGNOLA - Inspired Artist
Vaneta Rogers wrote:When Joe Querio got the gig drawing the story that starts in this month's B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth #122, it was like a dream come true.

Not only was he challenged to draw a story that's being marketed by Dark Horse as "the perfect jumping-on point for new readers" — making him particularly attentive to his storytelling and pacing, which he enjoys doing — but the two-issue tale is set in Japan… with kaijus, and Querio is a huge monster fan.

The artist, who made his debut at Dark Horse on The Witcher, is working with writers Jon Arcudi and Mike Mignola, with colorist Dave Stewart. And as he designed the monsters for the two-issue B.P.R.D. story that started in the most recent issue, the young artist got to work with some of the creators he's been admiring for years.

As Dark Horse shared some of Querio's designs for the monsters appearing in B.P.R.D. #122 and #123, Newsarama talked to the artist to find out more about his style, his designs, and why he thinks this story is the ideal starting point for new readers.
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth #122 and #123

Postby lhb412 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Man, I need to catch up. I have, like, the last ten issues in a stack and probably another waiting for me at the LCS.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print