[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Comics Talkback: Enormous (one-shot and series) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Comics Talkback: Enormous (one-shot and series)

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Comics Talkback: Enormous (one-shot and series)

Postby klen7 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:17 pm

So after a one-shot put out by Image, Enormous has been relaunched as a series published by 215 Ink.

They had sent me the first two issues in PDF to review back in March... which i failed to do... but now the paper version is out in stores for issue one, so i actually took time to read it.

My reaction to the one-shot could be summed up with the statement "there is too much going on."

Fortunately it looks like they worked out the pacing in issue 1. So I'm ready to give this series a serious shot.

This is the first book i've picked up from 215 Ink, and my immediate reaction was "these guys use good paper" so its pretty solid

Anybody else check this out?
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Comics Talkback: Enormous (one-shot and series)

Postby Eleking » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Too much lens flare effect in the one shot. Did they tone it down for the ongoing?
Eleking
Little Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:19 pm

The lens flare is still ever present.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 pm

looks like issue 4 drops mid month and the first trade of the series (issues 1-6) hits February...

i also saw that Image was re-releasing the one-shot as a Hardcover
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:49 am

Issue 6 gave an explanation for the giant monster outbreak along with some of the other goings ons... so that's a good way to end a trade.
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:20 pm

The trade hits next week for anyone that's been trade waiting
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print