[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
All TOHO Daikaiju book • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

All TOHO Daikaiju book

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

All TOHO Daikaiju book

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:21 am

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/4800303 ... ot_redir=1

This book was released in late March/early April ...surprisingly, no one has made any mention of it. Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to pick it up yesterday....and so far, I like what I see very much. Will post more later.
:eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Re: All TOHO Daikaiju book

Postby walshiam » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:10 pm

I WANT!!! I WANT!!!
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Looks like there was an old thread about this, so I merged em'.

Any chance we could get some scans or maybe a list of the films it covers?
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:24 am

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:11 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Ahhh, I see. Well I re-split the topics.

I'll probably end up getting both. I love me some kaiju books from Japan.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast-

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Podcast
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby klen7 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:57 pm

So this book arrived.. here's my impressions

Pros:
+Tons of Showa pictures I've never seen
+Pictures of more obscure creatures (including at least two giant octopuses)
+Tons of pictures

Cons:
- There are plenty of books that provide much better coverage of Heisei and Millenium films
- I wish more of this book was in color (its about 1/3 color, and that isnt by Era almost all of the millennium pics are B&W

So i would definitely say this book is worth probably double the pricetag (you can import it for about $25) and it is great for fans of Showa films. They could have probably cut out Heisei and Millennium altogether and the book wouldn't have suffered.

Anyway here are some images from the book that i thought were worth sharing

Oh that Gabara....

Behind the scenes of Raids Again

I LOVE Showa Meganuron, glad he got a whole page.

One of the Mysterian pages

Peek-a-boo!!!

i love seeing all three actors together like this

Giant Slugs and Giant Bats

A spread dedicated to flight of the kaijus.. i wish there were more like this

They have about 16 of the Godzilla heads with highlighted details, very cool for artists

Wish this was in color

Don't know what this is..
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:09 pm

That last bottom pic in the corner is from the Toho Vampire Trilogy. Very creepy movies, and wholeheartedly recommended to watch!

Great pics especially that of Godzilla's different heads

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:23 am

Does the Vampire film include the chubby wookies or is that a different film?
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:50 am

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:12 am

"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"

MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby walshiam » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Strange movie, but spooky.
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:29 am

Thanks Klen7 for posting pics of this book and picking up the slack for me. I've been completely overwhelmed with work lately, so sorry to everyone for not posting anything yet about the book (though my thoughts basically mirror's Klen7's for the most part). I really appreciate this book's effort to use almost entirely alternative stills/photos instead of the usual stock stills seen thousands of times, making the contents very fresh and appealing to even someone like me who owns countless Japanese G books. For the low price, it's a great value (the Gabara/Gorosaurus photo alone is a treat!). Will post more thoughts on this soon (hopefully before the end of this year :lol: :lol: :lol: )

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:42 am

This book company, called Yosensha and more known for their numerous Ultraman "mooks" booklets, has also released another excellent "Mook" in a similar format, called "Shodai Godzilla":

As the title suggests, it's dedicated to the original film and is loaded with rare, never seen stills....

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print