Godzilla vs. Hip Hop

Discuss Magazines, Fanzines, and Books devoted to Daikaiju films! A Godzilla article in a Horror or Sci-Fi magazine? New Hobby Japan EX available? New G-Fan arrive in your mailbox? A Godzilla article in your local paper? Discuss it here!!

Moderator: Controllers

Godzilla vs. Hip Hop

Postby TripMasterMunky » Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 pm

Hey what's up everyone - I wrote an article awhile back reflecting on the presence of Godzilla in both the American and Japanese Hip Hop scenes. I uploaded it today on my website for anyone who's interested. It can be found here: http://www.shibooyah.com/editorial.html. I figured not many people have discussed the seemingly unrelated topics, and since I have an interest in both - I figured I'd take on the task. A short blurb is below but please go to the site for a more pleasant viewing experience. Thanks!

There have been numerous articles throughout the years examining the giant footprint that the Godzilla series of films have left on popular culture. From references in popular American television shows, to copyright-infringing "Godzilla rolls" in American-Japanese restaurants, Godzilla can be seen everywhere. However, there is still a very important question left unanswered – what influence has Godzilla had in Hip Hop? Because believe me, Godzilla can get down.

http://www.shibooyah.com/editorial.html ... lavsHipHop
J>E Translator. I like Japanese video games, giant monsters, and more. よろしくお願いします。
TripMasterMunky
Godzilla

Re: Godzilla vs. Hip Hop

Postby klen7 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:26 am

In the Kanye West song 'Monster' off the 'My Dark Twisted Fantasy' album, Jay-Z mentions Godzilla along with King Kong and others in his verse
klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to Godzilla in Print