[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
The Monster Zero retro video gaming thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

The Monster Zero retro video gaming thread

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

The Monster Zero retro video gaming thread

Postby planetxleader » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:07 am

Looks like something that hasn't really been discussed here much. This is for anyone who, like me, barely plays any next-gen stuff, who still owns and treasures their N64, and finds it easier to enjoy something found at a flea market versus something found at a department store.

I have the great luck to have a retro video game shop literally across the street from my apartment complex. Last year I bought a copy of the original Star Fox and played the crap out of it for about a week, loving every moment. And at only $7, I don't have the guilt of making a big splurge on something I won't play all that much (like my Wii, cough cough).

So... retro game discussion. What are you playing (if at all), what are you searching for, nostalgia stories and buying/discovery stories, etc.

Probably not gonna play it much right now, but I did dust off my SNES again last night to quickly revisit the beginning of this:

"Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form, and says, "RAAAAAHHHOOO!!!'"
planetxleader
Heisei Godzilla

Re: The Monster Zero retro video gaming thread

Postby angilas » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:17 am

I used to play and beat LOZ ALTTP every year after school let our for parts of summer where I was bored at home as a ritual.
Doubt if I do it this summer. Though I have been searching over a decade now for a turbo duo to play Godzilla's greatest battles on, which I do own.
angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:58 am

XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby angilas » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm

angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:42 pm

The Turbo duo has a bigger roster, and I loved that Godzilla changed "suits" when playing the campaign. I just wish I was better at fighting games :mrgreen:
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby angilas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:21 am

angilas
Heisei Godzilla

Postby planetxleader » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

I remember reading about to Turbo Duo Godzilla game in GamePro back in the day. So sad I never got to experience it. The SNES one is great and honestly fills me with more nostalgia than any of the 3D games (the little details like the sound of Godzilla's ray and Megalon chortling). I'd love to see a 2.5D Godzilla fighter in the same vain.

Anywho, just like that, my retro kick is sputtering. Just finished a Lobsterdance miniature shoot and catching up on a lot of stuff, so I figured I would have had a leisurely week to sit down and play but... I haven't. I hate being an adult. XD

I did, however, get a chance to stop by my local retro store and buy a weird old SNES RPG called Drakkhen:
http://mondoboss.tumblr.com/post/816045 ... -game-from
"Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form, and says, "RAAAAAHHHOOO!!!'"
planetxleader
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More