[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Earth Defense Force 2025 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Earth Defense Force 2025

This is the forum to discuss video games, the systems they're played on, computer software games, video game related sites and magazines, and more!! If you're "wired", post it here!

Moderator: Controllers

Earth Defense Force 2025

Postby Alpha OTS » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:09 pm

If you're a fan of the EDF, you *HAVE* to see the newest trailer.

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/10612 ... s-you.html

Looks like they took some cues from the EDF: Insect Armageddon, but did it Sandlot style! So there's 4 classes again, 4p online co-op, local co-op, *and* combo co-op(I assume this means 2p on 2 machines)! It looks like we're very much in the BIG large scale world of EDF again. I liked IA, but you could tell it wasn't by the original developers.

Very excited and very much looking forward to this. Hope it doesn't take too long to come state-side. EDF! EDF! EDF!
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:48 am

ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Re: Earth Defense Force 2025

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 pm

Anybody else playing this? Was a little disappointed that several levels are cut and pasted from the other game, but luckily there are many new levels as well. Having lots of fun with it.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Enjoying An Egg » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 pm

Playing it, and loving it. Only up to level 28 or so but it's insanely fun so far. :)
Enjoying An Egg
Baby Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 pm

I probably should pick this up for the PS3, free online and all.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Alpha OTS » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:57 pm

I have the 360 version. I'm reading some comments online saying the 360 version is better because of less slow-down and 2p couch co-op that can go online, but I'm not sure if either of those things are true. Most of the online reviews I've read are of the PS3 version, and they all make mention of the slow down. I've seen it in the local and online games on the 360, but its been nothing so far that I thought worthy of really complaining about, especially if you're familiar with 2017.

If you were a fan of 2017, this is a must have. It's a pure Sand Lot EDF game, and not at all like Insect Armageddon. Yes, some levels repeat from 2017, and in fact, in one of the earlier levels(late teens or early 20's I think) you pretty much re-battle the final boss from 2017, which I thought was cool. Plus you're doing it with a choice of 4 distinct classes that all play completely different and are *all* viable once you learn them. I just started farting around with the fencer, which I initially thought was a waste, but I'm starting to think it might be my favorite class now.

I'm only midway through the 50's with the ranger, and I understand that there's 80 something levels. Also the graphics are better than 2017. Maybe not a huge leap forward, but definitely better. My only disappointment is that there aren't more underground levels. 2017 had far more of those than I'm seeing in 2025 so far. I'm guessing that's because the online 4p coop would make them too easy at certain choke points.

EDF! E-D-F!

Btw, the in-game chat text is pretty cleverly implemented, and some of it is tied to audio clips *including* E D F! I played online with friends and randoms and had good experiences both times.
Alpha OTS
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ultrazilla2000 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:30 am

I haven't played it online yet...but I have definitely been playing! So far I've only played as Ranger, and have completed "normal" and "hard"...halfway done with "hardest" and a few "inferno". Some of the leveled up weapons are pretty dang powerful! Curious to play other classes now and see what weapons they have.
ultrazilla2000
Heisei Godzilla

Return to Video Games, Systems, and More