TALKBACK #11: Godzilla vs. Hedorah

Discuss the original series of Godzilla films! From "Terror of Tokyo" to Puppy-faced Super-hero, the Showa Era had something for everyone!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:01 am

rockstarbd82 wrote:
MouthForWar wrote:
Rodanex wrote:
Hedorah is cool in the fact that he's the only monster, other than ghidorah, that godzilla's ray can't do harm, but in fact help mutate him over time.

I don't believe it's stated anywhere that Godzilla's breath helped Hedorah to mutate over time.

Its not. I don't know what he's talking about.

I never said it was stated anywhere in the film. its just my opinion godzilla's ray played a part in the hedorah's mutation since it obviously didn't look like it did any harm to him.

Yes it did. Godzilla's ray was crucial in defeating Hedorah. It dried out his body.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby rockstarbd82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:
rockstarbd82 wrote:
MouthForWar wrote:
Rodanex wrote:
Hedorah is cool in the fact that he's the only monster, other than ghidorah, that godzilla's ray can't do harm, but in fact help mutate him over time.

I don't believe it's stated anywhere that Godzilla's breath helped Hedorah to mutate over time.

I never said it was stated anywhere in the film. its just my opinion godzilla's ray played a part in the hedorah's mutation since it obviously didn't look like it did any harm to him.

Yes it did. Godzilla's ray was crucial in defeating Hedorah. It dried out his body.

I always thought the ray only somehow activated the electric wall to electrify hedorah. it technically did to a certain degree, but it was the electricity that finished the job.
"ooooo GODZILLA is "roasting" KING KONG.!!!!"
rockstarbd82
Godzilla Jr.

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:20 am

rockstarbd82 wrote:
MekaGojira3k wrote:
rockstarbd82 wrote:
MouthForWar wrote:
Rodanex wrote:

I always thought the ray only somehow activated the electric wall to electrify hedorah. it technically did to a certain degree, but it was the electricity that finished the job.

That whole machine was an attempt to replicate the reaction seen during the harbor fight between Godzilla and Hedorah. The machine was powered by Godzilla's ray in the end, but it did the same thing. I don't see how that shows it didn't harm Hedorah.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:22 am

No, the ray on its own DID damage Hedorah but it wasn't enough. Hedorah had to be taken down with the combined strength of Godzilla's ray AND the electrified walls. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the incident where Godzilla blasted Hedorah and sent sparks flying everywhere that inspired the creation of the walls in the first place?
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby rockstarbd82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:36 am

i won't disagree that the sparks inspired the idea for the electric wall. but when godzilla shot him there near the docks twice, hedorah def didn't shriek in pain but got up right after the 1st one and just sat there and took the 2nd one like it didn't hurt despite the sparks flying. thats just how i interpretted it.
rockstarbd82
Godzilla Jr.

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:02 am

rockstarbd82 wrote:i won't disagree that the sparks inspired the idea for the electric wall. but when godzilla shot him there near the docks twice, hedorah def didn't shriek in pain but got up right after the 1st one and just sat there and took the 2nd one like it didn't hurt despite the sparks flying. thats just how i interpretted it.

When does Hedorah ever shriek in pain?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby rockstarbd82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:13 am

at the end when he's being electrified
rockstarbd82
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Goji 84 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:44 pm

rockstarbd82 wrote:at the end when he's being electrified

Well yeah, he was literally being dried out. It's how he was eventually killed after all.
Goji 84
Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 pm

At the docks, Godzilla's ray doesn't appear to have any negative efffect on Hedorah, but merely causes his body to discharge electricity. Dr. Yano later states "some minerals discharge electricity, so the sparks are not unusual." Whether or not this scene inspired the electrodes is pure fan speculation...there's nothing in the film that suggests this, though I suppose it's possible.

Regarding the electrodes, Godzilla's ray somehow energizes the electodes without melting them. I don't know what to say, other than Banno is nuts. Keep in mind, Godzilla's ray also enables him to fly in this movie.

What are the mysterious white orbs? If they're eyes, they don't look like Hedorah's eyes, and when the second Hedorah emerges from the dried husk, it has eyes. Was Godzilla trying to destroy the Hedrium? If he was, and Hedrium was the key to the Hedorah's lifeforce, then why didn't it just kill the monster once and for all right then? I don't know what to say, other than Banno is nuts.
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Rodanex wrote:At the docks, Godzilla's ray doesn't appear to have any negative efffect on Hedorah, but merely causes his body to discharge electricity. Dr. Yano later states "some minerals discharge electricity, so the sparks are not unusual." Whether or not this scene inspired the electrodes is pure fan speculation...there's nothing in the film that suggests this, though I suppose it's possible..

Fan Speculation or no, there's more to support that than the notion that Godzilla's beam either 1. did not harm Hedorah, or 2. that it somehow mutated it.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Mac » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Members of Toho Kingdom have created these great images which really give us a great look into the psyche of Hedorah:

Utterly heart-breaking.
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:41 pm

I think those images are utterly stupid,

So Hedora isn't a dirty, evil son of a "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" anymore? Now he's all emo with mommy and daddy issues and wants friends?
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Mac » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:43 pm

The best part is that the photographer took his Hedorah figure to the beach with him.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm

...only at Toho Kingdom...

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Rodanex » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 pm

That website is really weird. All the articles seem like they were written by 12 year olds.
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby The Real McCoy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Legion wrote:...only at Toho Kingdom...

To be fair, the images aren't too bad, it's the context in which they were used. To go to the trouble of making an image like that for the sole purpose of being an annoying douche-bag is childish.

Rodanex wrote:That website is really weird. All the articles seem like they were written by 12 year olds.

Oh, the stories... :lol:
The Real McCoy
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:16 am

Mac wrote:Members of Toho Kingdom have created these great images which really give us a great look into the psyche of Hedorah:

Utterly heart-breaking.

I don't get it. Are these supposed to be funny?
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:24 am

Those are weird.
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 am

I thought those were hilarious. I don't think that was the author's intent though.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:17 am

Ugh!!! I had an actual physical reacton to seeing those pictures!!!

I don't know how many of you have ever taken a creative writing class, but this reminds me of the first timers in those classes who basically vomit up their relationship troubles in the form of a "fictional" short story. That sort of emo (and take note everyone, I think the emo term is WAY overused and I don't really recall many, if any times I've used it around here, but the term fits) BS drives me nuts!

It's just awkward, and about as un-subtle as you can get. I haven't posted in the TK forums in prob 4 months but I might have to go change that. The author of this needs to know that they made something horrible, and why it's horrible. The TK bunch are probably in love with these pictures. Sigh....nah, I'm just going to laugh at these pictures. Not gonna let it piss me off.

Buwuahhahahahahaha :lol:

Edit* Please tell me someone is getting this kid to a suicide hotline fast...with lines like "I just wish I could harm myself"...I really fear for this author's safety. And yes, you can write about suicidal characters without you yourself being suicidal, BUT Hedorah has never once seemed suicidal in film so that means that the author INJECTED that sense of self-destruction into this piece of "art". Seems like a cry for help to me
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tyler E. Martin » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:37 pm

I honestly thought they were a joke. Are you sure that's not the case?
Tyler E. Martin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Tyler E. Martin wrote:I honestly thought they were a joke. Are you sure that's not the case?

You never know over there.

Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Real McCoy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Tyler E. Martin wrote:I honestly thought they were a joke. Are you sure that's not the case?

Yeah, but you would have to deal with the guy more than once to appreciate how stupid it really is. At first glance, yeah, they're funny. But it mirrors his teenage over-dramatic attitude, and it really is quite pathetic. For me personally, if it would have come from anyone else on the board, it would have been funny, but from that guy, it's just normal.
The Real McCoy
Heisei Godzilla

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 am

So after all these years, it turns out that Hedorah has just been misunderstood? :turnbad:

God, how I hate little EMO dorks...
GIANTC0ND0R!!!!!!!! :eek:

"F*ck Evangelion." - Me
ebirahsmeg1
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:05 pm

If those are supposed to be funny, then mission accomplished because I think they are HILARIOUS.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

PreviousNext

Return to The Showa Era: 1954-1975