Top 10 Kaiju

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Flame of Udin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:54 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:The frill. The quasi Godzilla appearance (biped, spines along the back...heck....purple spines, greenish skin....sounds like another kaiju to me)

The quasi Godzilla appearance? Like half of the other kaiju out there? Spines are pretty much a mainstay for any kaiju as well. and save for two films, Godzilla's spines are not usually purple.....oh, and Zedus' skin is brown. and even if he does resemble Jiras (which I don't really think he does), who cares? I don't.
Flame of Udin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm going with James on this one. I really don't think they were going for Jirass. It seemed like a more overt homage to Jurassic Park's interpretation of a Dilophosaurus.

And to make a more Barugon-esque (general lizard kaiju minus the powers Barugon had) foe.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:57 pm

I'd say brown with a greenish tint and highlights.

Anyways, no need to drag this on. If you are feeling like I'm attacking you then I appologize as that was not my intention. I meant to just remark that I found your list unique and very different from my own
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Flame of Udin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:09 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:I'd say brown with a greenish tint and highlights.

Anyways, no need to drag this on. If you are feeling like I'm attacking you then I appologize as that was not my intention. I meant to just remark that I found your list unique and very different from my own

Of course I don't see it as an attack. I was simply stating my position on what I think is pretty obvious.

and just to be nitpickey...the only green on Zedus is on his frill. He is brown with a purple/pinkish underside.
Flame of Udin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Benjamin Haines » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Obviously Zedus isn't just a Jiras ripoff, but I think there's definitely some inspiration there. His face is very Millennium Godzilla-esque, and back when the movie first came out I said that it looked like Kadokawa gave the modern-day Godzilla the Jiras treatment.

Zedus is a really cool monster. The best thing about Gamera the Brave.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: Top 10 Kaiju

Postby superhedorahsaiyan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am

Gojira (1954)
Hedorah
Gigan
Gomora
Rodan
Guiron
Barugon
King Ghidorah (Showa and Monsterverse)
Iris
Biolante
superhedorahsaiyan
Godzillasaurus

Previous

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!