[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Wow, THE H-MAN was on TCM last night! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Wow, THE H-MAN was on TCM last night!

Godzilla wasn't the only daikaiju to go stomping through Asia! From Rodan and Mothra to Yongarry and Gappa, discuss other JAPANESE/ASIAN kaiju films here!

Moderator: Controllers

Wow, THE H-MAN was on TCM last night!

Postby Giganfan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 am

The version was dubbed, and pan-and-scanned, but I was pleasantly shocked to see a Toho film on prime-time, no less, being introduced by Robert Osbourne. His comments were neither pro or con. He wasn't condescending, yet he only offered a couple tid-bits about the history of the movie. Which, in my opinion, is all one can ask for if someone just isn't interested in the film they're watching. I've always taken Osbourne for a very classy gent, so if he's not a fan, I can live with that.

Anyway, did anyone catch it? Oh, and by the way, after seeing The H-Man for the first time in years, I have to say that this is one of Honda's best movies. Very moody and unnerving. The scenes in the nightclub were expertly photographed. However, that had to be one of the slowest car chases I had ever seen!
"EVERYONE FORGET YOUR TROUBLES! ENJOY YOURSELVES!THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" - Gigantis The Fire Monster

"It was HUGE...It was...IT WAS LIKE A MONSTER!!! Suddenly the rocks rose...ALIVE!" - Godzilla 1985
Giganfan

Postby kiryugoji04 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:08 am

I liked it okay but the ending just wasn't there for me. I need to rewatch it again one of these days, though. The rest of it was definitely fantastic, it's true.
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Tyler E. Martin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 am

Tyler E. Martin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Giganfan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Sorry, I didn't know there was already a thread for this in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum. Still, I'd like to keep this one open, because The H-Man does fall under the heading of Asian kaiju films. Perhaps we can get a little discussion going about the movie. What did everyone think of Masaru Sato's score, for example.
"EVERYONE FORGET YOUR TROUBLES! ENJOY YOURSELVES!THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" - Gigantis The Fire Monster

"It was HUGE...It was...IT WAS LIKE A MONSTER!!! Suddenly the rocks rose...ALIVE!" - Godzilla 1985
Giganfan

Postby Tyler E. Martin » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Tyler E. Martin
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I really loved this flick. Can't wait to see the original version later this year.

Funny story, I grabbed a VHS tape to record this on - a tape full of stuff I'd programed my VCR to record because I was out or asleep or what have you, and I looked at the label and realized all of these movie were from TCM!
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby TXKaiju » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:02 am

David Nunez Gojira11354
TXKaiju
Little Godzilla

Return to Rodan, Yonggary, and Gappa. Oh, My!