Fan Boys have to get hurt..in order for a Epic Godzilla

Discussion on Shin Godzilla and rumors, news, and speculation on other possible future Godzilla projects, including the Godzilla Anime project! Discuss them here!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby kidnicky » Sat May 24, 2008 11:27 pm

August wrote:Some comments:

1. $500 "worth" of tattoos, isn't a lot of quality tattoo work—or it is a lot of cheap tattoo work.

2. I always think outside of the box; I took off the cardboard/tinfoil helmet years ago.

3. Tsuburaya didn't "pass on" while they were making GODZILLA'S REVENGE; he wasn't able to because he was working on the Mitsubishi Pavilion film for Expo '70—GODZILLA'S REVENGE was released on 12/20/1969 and Tsuburaya passed away on 01/25/1970.

You sure do know your Tsubuyara history,August. You could almost say you wrote the book on it! :)
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Oh that was baaaaad! XD :lol:
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Xenorama » Sat May 24, 2008 11:44 pm

this really is a quite enjoyable topic.

David
Xenorama
Monster 01

Postby kidnicky » Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 pm

^ I'll say it is. I've visited this board more the last couple days than I have the last couple of months!
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby Robert Saint John » Sun May 25, 2008 1:02 am

Xenorama wrote:this really is a quite enjoyable topic.

Certainly better without GodzillaKOTM around, eh? :D
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Sun May 25, 2008 9:24 am

Hey baby,I play the video games in my basement all day,but just ones with blood." she's not going to suddenly jump your bone

off topic but this reminds me....

I came up with possibly the best game idea ever. A GTA type game with Mario as the star. Don't roll your eyes, hear me out. It takes place in the mushroom kingdom and surrounding areas, no adult themes, everything is firmly rooted in the Mario universe. The towns are populated with Mushroom people and Bowzer is like an Al Capone type villian, running all the crime in the empire, with Koopas and Goombas acting as his gangsters. Everyone drives karts around and instead of jacking people when he needs a ride Mario says "Can I ah borrow your-a car please? Whoo hoo!" Everything would be set up GTA style where you visit different characters and do different quests for them. Areas like Dry Dry desert and an Ice area, a big city with real cars like in Mario Kart...basically all of the Mario universe has a place in the game...
Man Nintendo would make a mint off this. :lol:
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sun May 25, 2008 9:32 am

briizilla wrote:
Hey baby,I play the video games in my basement all day,but just ones with blood." she's not going to suddenly jump your bone

off topic but this reminds me....

I came up with possibly the best game idea ever. A GTA type game with Mario as the star. Don't roll your eyes, hear me out. It takes place in the mushroom kingdom and surrounding areas, no adult themes, everything is firmly rooted in the Mario universe. The towns are populated with Mushroom people and Bowzer is like an Al Capone type villian, running all the crime in the empire, with Koopas and Goombas acting as his gangsters. Everyone drives karts around and instead of jacking people when he needs a ride Mario says "Can I ah borrow your-a car please? Whoo hoo!" Everything would be set up GTA style where you visit different characters and do different quests for them. Areas like Dry Dry desert and an Ice area, a big city with real cars like in Mario Kart...basically all of the Mario universe has a place in the game...
Man Nintendo would make a mint off this. :lol:

Sounds a little like Mario Kart meets Crazy Taxi. I'd buy it.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Elliot Gay » Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 pm

kidnicky wrote:
August wrote:Some comments:

1. $500 "worth" of tattoos, isn't a lot of quality tattoo work—or it is a lot of cheap tattoo work.

2. I always think outside of the box; I took off the cardboard/tinfoil helmet years ago.

3. Tsuburaya didn't "pass on" while they were making GODZILLA'S REVENGE; he wasn't able to because he was working on the Mitsubishi Pavilion film for Expo '70—GODZILLA'S REVENGE was released on 12/20/1969 and Tsuburaya passed away on 01/25/1970.

You sure do know your Tsubuyara history,August. You could almost say you wrote the book on it! :)

Duh Dum Chi!

This thread is made of win. The original poster clearly is not.

Especially with his beautiful posts. Just inspiring really. XD
Elliot Gay
Heisei Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Sun May 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I actually remember Miyamoto saying he would never make a GTA style Mario game. I'm not sure if he just meant offensive content or copying the gameplay style.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby gojira_fan » Sun May 25, 2008 2:38 pm

OOhhh how about a Godzilla Monster Kart game?????

:D

Imagine the joys of playing that.

:wink:
gojira_fan
Godzilla

Postby Legion » Sun May 25, 2008 2:52 pm

gojira_fan wrote:OOhhh how about a Godzilla Monster Kart game?????

:D

Imagine the joys of playing that.

:wink:

Wow.

Even since I picked up Mario Kart Wii I've been wondering about a game like this. The "dark and scary" whining brats would probably cry to the heavens about how it desecrates the name of Godzilla (who must always be taken seriously. Always) but I'd love to see something like that.

But it'd be a licensed title. And licensed titles always suck.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Sun May 25, 2008 3:30 pm

There's a pretty decent Mario Kart ripoff on SNES with Ultraman,Kamen Rider,and Gundam. So it's not completely out of the question.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby briizilla » Sun May 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Lets turn this thread into "The joys of a fantastical Godzilla thread"
~Brian~

briizilla
Burning Godzilla

Postby we77964 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:19 pm

bigknif wrote:I don't know... I always liked Adam West... :D

I'll take Frank Gorshin over Jim Carrey any day too! :wink:

I grant you that. Frank Gorshin was better then Jim Carrey. Having said that, Joel Shoemoker tried to make the post Frank miller Batman into kiddie crap. Tim Burton’s Batman was the best until nipple playing , kiddie Batman of Joel Pipesmoker. That is my point, you can’t overly make a dark character into a kiddie crap.
briizilla wrote:I really feel sorry for people like the original poster and whopperkid and even mac because they are to insecure with themselves to like something with a fantasy or child- like element to it, somehow if it fit their definition of "dark" or "adult" they would not be ashamed to enjoy it. These are the same meat heads who pick bar fights well into their 40s and 50s to somehow prove that they are still tough guys....the internet tough guy starts a flamebait thread to alienate everyone else and make themselves sound oh-so cool. I don't have time for morons like that in real life and I certainly don't need them trying to piss on what I enjoy in my free time.
You don’t know who is insecure or not. I only offered an opinion, then the WOLF PACK you, Legion and others attack. Its one thing to disagree with me, but IT IS ANOTHER to attack me. Since we are on this insecure business , I think you need to look in the mirror before suggesting that I should.
kidnicky wrote:To most people,science fiction is dorky and childish,whether or not the characters curse,whether or not there's violent content,on a box,with a fox,whatever. It's not mainstream. Not even Star Wars,any more at least.
Jurassic Park was popular. It wasn’t dorky or childish by the “masses“. Try Jaws as well. Jurassic Park play it smart. Jaws play it smart. War of the Worlds play it smart. There is a way to make a Godzilla movie successful is to play it smart. No No. That doesn’t mean that Godzilla should be within the modern American popular culture. BWT The today’s popular culture sucks. He should be above the popular culture of today. To play it smart you have to get rid of some of the mess that ruins that past movies. If the Japanese Godzilla fans are seeing this, why can’t some of you? A new Godzilla movie or the series should engage though and not dumbing it down.
briizilla wrote:There is more stupidity in this thread than I have seen in quite some time. Bravo Whopper boy, bravo!
Either way, can you all go back to the little kids table and let the grown ups talk?

Which table are you on? The first grade table or the kindergarten table.
August wrote:2. I always think outside of the box; I took off the cardboard/tinfoil helmet years ago.
Thank you so do I. So do I.

I know that my words will get me in trouble on this BB. I shall not mince any words and will not apologize. Some of you have throw bombs and name calling simply because you briizilla, Legion, Mouth of War etc, did not like other people’s opinions. If yall suppose to be grown men, then act like it, if not sit at the kiddie table because of your thug/wolf pack-type tactics. Just respect my opinion and I will respect yours.
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby kiryugoji04 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:26 pm

we77964 wrote:If the Japanese Godzilla fans are seeing this, why can’t some of you?

Where the hell are you getting this newfound insight into the minds of the Japanese fans? :|
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Mac » Mon May 26, 2008 6:52 pm

we77964 wrote:If the Japanese Godzilla fans are seeing this, why can’t some of you?

Dude, there aren't any Japanese Godzilla fans. :P
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Mon May 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Jurassic Park wasn't seen as childish? It had two dorky kids mugging at the camera in it,and an action figure line that continues to this day.
Jaws isn't really scifi,and it was released over 30 years ago.
On a side note,work on your grammar.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Mon May 26, 2008 7:15 pm

War of the Worlds played it smart? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby we77964 » Mon May 26, 2008 7:52 pm

kiryugoji04 wrote:Where the hell are you getting this newfound insight into the minds of the Japanese fans? :|

I am basing it on the ticket sales during the VS series and the millennium series. Second I am also basing it on a documentary about Japanese Horror films. Godzilla KOTM was classified as a horror film. It showed young Japanese fans stating their favor of Western horror fans over their Asian counterparts. If I could find you the title of the documentary I will post it on here.
Mac wrote:Dude, there aren't any Japanese Godzilla fans. :P

………………….Ok.
kidnicky wrote:Jurassic Park wasn't seen as childish? It had two dorky kids mugging at the camera in it,and an action figure line that continues to this day.
Jaws isn't really scifi,and it was released over 30 years ago.
On a side note,work on your grammar.
The Novel, the storyline isn’t childish.
MouthForWar wrote:War of the Worlds played it smart?

Which version are you laughing about? There are about four or five versions of War of the Worlds. I have mix feelings about the Tom Cruise version.
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby The Giant Pacific Octopus » Mon May 26, 2008 8:49 pm

we77964 wrote:I only offered an opinion, then the WOLF PACK you, Legion and others attack. Its one thing to disagree with me, but IT IS ANOTHER to attack me.

Some of you have throw bombs and name calling simply because you briizilla, Legion, Mouth of War etc, did not like other people’s opinions. If yall suppose to be grown men, then act like it, if not sit at the kiddie table because of your thug/wolf pack-type tactics. Just respect my opinion and I will respect yours.

I have to agree with this. While I rolled my eyes reading the very first post/topic starter on this thread, the way everyone is ganging up on these guys is making me roll my eyes even more. Why do I get the feeling that Briizilla, Legion and others are all giggling and high-fiving each other every time one of them posts some sort of clever comeback.

But then again this is Godzilla "fandom" for you, and one of the reasons why I don't really post here anymore.
"The gigantic octopus is a slimy, loathsome creature and one of Tsuburaya's best creations."

STEVE RYFLE from "Japan's Favourite Mon-Star"
The Giant Pacific Octopus
Heisei Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Mon May 26, 2008 9:02 pm

I concur Giant Octopus...odd sentence
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby we77964 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:15 pm

The Giant Pacific Octopus wrote:
we77964 wrote:I only offered an opinion, then the WOLF PACK you, Legion and others attack. Its one thing to disagree with me, but IT IS ANOTHER to attack me.

Some of you have throw bombs and name calling simply because you briizilla, Legion, Mouth of War etc, did not like other people’s opinions. If yall suppose to be grown men, then act like it, if not sit at the kiddie table because of your thug/wolf pack-type tactics. Just respect my opinion and I will respect yours.

I have to agree with this. While I rolled my eyes reading the very first post/topic starter on this thread, the way everyone is ganging up on these guys is making me roll my eyes even more. Why do I get the feeling that Briizilla, Legion and others are all giggling and high-fiving each other every time one of them posts some sort of clever comeback.

But then again this is Godzilla "fandom" for you, and one of the reasons why I don't really post here anymore.

Thank you Thank you. I have been a member of this forum during the days of the original owner. I was here when Monster Zero was apart of Ciniascape. I have not post much on here either because of people like Legion and his wolf pack.
we77964
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Gooberzilla » Mon May 26, 2008 9:39 pm

The Giant Pacific Octopus wrote:

Agreed. Some of you folks need to calm down. It's amazing how this discussion is coming from adults. There is nothing wrong with having a differing opinion.

Why would anyone want to attack a fellow member for simply having a different idea of where Toho should take the Godzilla franchise? It seems like some of you folks get nervous when people talk about taking Godzilla out of his "Japanese" cult status. :roll:
Gooberzilla
Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 pm

Gooberzilla wrote:Why would anyone want to attack a fellow member for simply having a different idea of where Toho should take the Godzilla franchise? It seems like some of you folks get nervous when people talk about taking Godzilla out of his "Japanese" cult status. :roll:

Because he's taking his "differing opinion" to unbelievably stupid heights and making unfounded claims that aren't based in any kind of facts. He simply hasn't backed himself up. I don't think me, Legion, August, Robert or Ben have attacked anybody in this thread. We're explaining why we think his vision for what "toho needs to do" is wrong and all he's really done is pull "facts" out of nowhere and not pay attention to anything anybody has said. Half of his posts haven't made any sense on any level (literally and figuratively) and its hard to even know what he's talking about. Besides, he's carrying on a post made by someone who only started it for a reaction. He's unknowingly agreeing with someone who just came here to flame. Besides, maybe if he didn't defy logic so much, we wouldn't "gang up" on him.

And as far as getting "nervous" talking about Godzilla, I don't get nervous talking about anything Godzilla related. I don't know where that speculation even comes from. All we did was point out that people shouldn't care if Godzilla has mainstream acceptance or not. After all, you like what you like.

And you wanna talk about "opinions"? My opinion is that Weburger has made one of the most feeble, lifeless debates/arguments ever to be posted on this board.
Last edited by MouthForWar on Tue May 27, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Robert Saint John » Tue May 27, 2008 12:42 am

Please, this premise of a "wolf pack" is frankly BS. It started as a response to the calculated tone of the original post, HG's unfriendly attitude, and his ridiculous assertion that, in summary:

Selfish Godzilla fanboys in the US who like goofy movies, rainbows and winks, and don't have the right tattoos are somehow responsible for the content of Godzilla films, the downfall of the series, and Toho's management of it.

That was his point, and it is laughable. So we laugh. But I don't know a single one of the so-called "wolf pack" who doesn't at least like, if not love, GMK (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). So in my mind the argument (only a handful of fans like "dark" Godzilla movies) falls apart right there. The original post is nothing more than incoherent flamebait. I could have closed the thread for "Stoopid", but there's no rule against "Stoopid", so why not have fun with it and turn the discussion into a reasonable direction at the same time?

To we77964 and anyone else who falls into the "Serious G" crowd (another BS description... my own, lol), there isn't inherently anything wrong with what you're saying, and there's no problem with the discussion of the topic. Don't take things that are for the most part an in-kind response to HG's post so personally. At the same time, don't expect you can say "toss the fairies" and not get a reaction. If you state something as fact, you may be challenged by someone with a different opinion. Be prepared to back up what you state as fact rather than opinion. And if you give sarcasm and attitude, you're probably going to get it in return.

That goes for everyone. There's no reason to lump the "Serious G" crowd in with HG himself, or to tell them to go away. Again, re-read HG's posts. They make little sense. At least we77964 isn't saying that a bunch of people in the US are somehow responsible for what Godzilla is, isn't or will be. At least I hope not. :D

It's not the message, it's the messenger and the tone. I've already noted that HG has done his little hit-and-run routine before (see my earlier post), he's doing it again, he's been challenged and warned. I'm of the opinion that he has little or no interest in this topic, but rather just wanted to create some drama and see how long it would take for people to start throwing bombs at each other, how long it would take for someone to lose it and get banned, how long it would take for a thread to flameout and get closed. I'd prefer we not give him the satisfaction.

In the meantime, there's no reason that the topic -- whatever it is, I've lost track -- can't continue in a reasonable manner. A more reasonable manner. Everyone just be cool, okay? TIA

EDIT/ADDED - You know what? Time to re-activate the old "no fanboy" rule, come to think of it. "Fanboy" is a derisive, divisive term that was used and abused in the GFW era, and it really has no place in a conversation between members who are supposed to be respectful of each other. It's use in the title itself should have been my first clue how this would turn out.
Robert - Cleveland, OH
(formerly mechascorpio)
Robert Saint John
Burning Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to Shin Godzilla and Beyond!