10 YEARS OF GMK

Discuss the millennium era of Godzilla films! From Godzilla 2000 Millennium to Godzilla Final Wars, these films comprised a wide variety of styles and topics!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Rodanex » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 am

jellydonut25 wrote:
MekaGojira3k wrote:While I don't feel it's middle of the pack, I DO feel it's a bit overhyped in the same way Gamera 3 is. Most of its weakness lying in the mystical mumbo jumbo that never quite jives with me (though in GMK it feels a bit more coherent).

I lol'ed at the notion of it getting such a DVD treatment.
I feel like the mystical mumbo jumbo works LESS for Godzilla than for Gamera...

Stuff like "Yes, when he made that gesture in the cell, I'm sure this is what he meant." and "Did you see that? That wasn't there before" (I still haven't seen it...) just make it seem goofy.

The monster action in this movie is among the very best in the series (save for Godzilla's plush-doll foot lightly padding Baragon's face), but a lot of the stuff in the human plot is just silly.

I agree. There's way too many things in the story that I felt were excessively vague or weren't very well developed. I enjoy this film, but I feel it's way overhyped.
Rodanex
Godzilla

Postby rockstarbd82 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

I wonder if this is going to be the big film at G-fest this year because of its 10 year mark???
"ooooo GODZILLA is "roasting" KING KONG.!!!!"
rockstarbd82
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Thomas » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:34 pm

This was shown at G-Fest a couple of years ago on the Thursday night line up, so they might not want to show it again so close to the last time it was shown.
"The Bird did not look like Rodan, but he sensed it was the spirit of Rodan."

Mike Hanlon (It by Stephen King)
Thomas
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Thomas wrote:This was shown at G-Fest a couple of years ago on the Thursday night line up, so they might not want to show it again so close to the last time it was shown.

That showing kind of made me appreciate the film again. Something about seeing it on the big screen with subs that don't suck.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby planetxleader » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:58 am

MekaGojira3k wrote:
Thomas wrote:This was shown at G-Fest a couple of years ago on the Thursday night line up, so they might not want to show it again so close to the last time it was shown.

That showing kind of made me appreciate the film again. Something about seeing it on the big screen with subs that don't suck.

Same here, especially since me and the gang here saw it in Atlanta not too long before that.... dubbed. :puke:
"Vishnu takes on his multi-armed form, and says, "RAAAAAHHHOOO!!!'"
planetxleader
Heisei Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 pm

planetxleader wrote:
MekaGojira3k wrote:

Same here, especially since me and the gang here saw it in Atlanta not too long before that.... dubbed. :puke:

Well since g fest only do dubbed DVD projections now I dont think it would matter if they showed it this year
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Goji 84 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:08 pm

What year was this? It played on a Saturday night in 2009.
Goji 84
Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Goji 84 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was a Thursday in 2009.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Goji 84 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:27 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:
Goji 84 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that was a Thursday in 2009.

Whoops, I just double checked, and had I forgotten they played the DVD of THE MYSTERIANS on Friday, and then the truly abysmal MONSTER X STRIKES BACK on Sat..
Goji 84
Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Millennium Era: 1999-2005