G2KUSA "THE END" end card...

Discuss the millennium era of Godzilla films! From Godzilla 2000 Millennium to Godzilla Final Wars, these films comprised a wide variety of styles and topics!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Legion » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:49 pm

G2KMaster wrote:1. That joke is bad taste all over
2. Parent"s"? I have one parent. Thanks for rememinding me of my drunken, dead father. He been dead for less than two years.

I'm supposed to know everything about your private life? Hell, both my parents are dead. Sometimes life sucks, but you learn to deal. To me you're just a screen name on a message board. Don't fly off the handle at me because I don't know everything about your life.
Last edited by Legion on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://legion1979.tumblr.com/

Hello, Nice Warners! - A Thorough Analysis of Every Animaniacs Episode
Legion
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby G2KMaster » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:52 pm

I have said that my father is dead atleast once on the board. but it's ok... Nothing alittle TaB and comedy channel can't fix.

Now, BOT... It would make an interesting addition to a delux edition DVD...
G2KMaster

Postby Mac » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Maybe you should take these boards less seriously, not everyone knows the fact that your father's dead (or an alcoholic), even if you did post about it. Do you really think people even care enough to call you out on it either? Useless flame bait.
The new Gamera will be worse than Super Monster.
Mac
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Jim Ballard » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Guys, could we please stick to the topic? We've had more than enough topics about Evan's personal life.
Jim Ballard
Monster 01

Postby G2KMaster » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Yes. I agree with James.

Does anyone else have any theories why some VHS copies somehow have this ending card and some don't?
G2KMaster

Postby ryuuseipro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 am

Legion wrote:Again, this is something better left forgotten. I had nightmares about that "The?End" image the other night, Evan. I hope you're happy. I'm sending your parents my therapy bill.

Mike, as much as we'd rather forget about this title card, we can't help but remember it in infamy! Useful trivia, I guess...

I heard about this title card from August Ragone's review before I saw the movie. When I first saw it in the theater, that "THE ? END" title card was so forced and so painfully goofy that it was such a colossal pie-in-the-face to the movie. The title in the video link looked just as I remembered it, and it was so embarrassing.

So, yeah, I, too, prefer the current print just fine.
-John Cassidy
Richmond, VA
http://ryuuseipro.livejournal.com/

"The monster a child knows best and is most concerned with [is] the monster he feels or fears himself to be." -Bruno Bettelheim
ryuuseipro
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Millennium Era: 1999-2005