GFW Question

Discuss the millennium era of Godzilla films! From Godzilla 2000 Millennium to Godzilla Final Wars, these films comprised a wide variety of styles and topics!

Moderator: Controllers

GFW Question

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Didn't someone at Toho (or maybe it was the director himself) at some point say that this movie would not end with Godzilla simply swimming away? and that it would bring about a definitive ENDING?

Now, in case you haven't seen the movie, Godzilla simply swimming away is exactly what happens...
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Giganfan » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Isn't that how all of these movies end? Either that, or both kaiju end up tumbling into the ocean. I've never had a problem with that, really. It just shows that Godzilla movies have a certain style all their own.
"EVERYONE FORGET YOUR TROUBLES! ENJOY YOURSELVES!THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!" - Gigantis The Fire Monster

"It was HUGE...It was...IT WAS LIKE A MONSTER!!! Suddenly the rocks rose...ALIVE!" - Godzilla 1985
Giganfan

Postby Ghido-Goji » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:28 pm

Certainly an interesting question. I would love to know the answer. Do you mean that someone at Toho perhaps said Godzilla would definitely never, ever be re-invented? Or perhaps he would "just die"?

Yeah, pretty much all of these movies do end the same. I don't mind it at all either. I actually like it because the endings make it feel as if each movie has never actually ended and the place/setting are all in tact no matter how the next movie portrays events in the past. So it's not like Godzilla dies in each movie so, say, Godzilla 1984 could easily be ratified since in that movie's world the events from 1955-1975 never happened.
Chris
Visit http://www.gforever.net/
Be sure to visit my Flickr account if you like dogs, architecture, Godzilla, Godzilla vinyl figures, or music - http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismuller/
Ghido-Goji
Godzilla Jr.

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 am

Dream Weaver wrote:Certainly an interesting question. I would love to know the answer. Do you mean that someone at Toho perhaps said Godzilla would definitely never, ever be re-invented? Or perhaps he would "just die"?

I'm saying that I thought I remember somewhere early in the process a comment from either Kitamura or Tomiyama saying that Godzilla wouldn't simply swim off at the end of this film...
(I was thinking perhaps they'd find a way to recapture him in ice)
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby BruceAReville » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:20 pm

I remember one rumor that stated that Godzilla would die after an ultimate battle against his strongest opponent ever and that is how the show was going to end. Didn't happen that way though.
BruceAReville
Little Godzilla

Postby kiryugoji04 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:41 pm

BruceAReville wrote:I remember one rumor that stated that Godzilla would die after an ultimate battle against his strongest opponent ever and that is how the show was going to end. Didn't happen that way though.

There WAS a Fire Dragon in Shanghai though. It got that part right! :P
Artisanal Practical Effects & Kaiju Content @Xenofauna
kiryugoji04
Meltdown Godzilla

Return to The Millennium Era: 1999-2005