Interesting possibilities with Tokyo SOS

Discuss the millennium era of Godzilla films! From Godzilla 2000 Millennium to Godzilla Final Wars, these films comprised a wide variety of styles and topics!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Benjamin Haines » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Stadawim wrote:But it does beg the question - why would Toho throw that particular scene in there anyway? With that date?

November 3rd, 1999 was the day when the new Godzilla first appeared at the beginning of Godzilla x Mechagodzilla. That's when his DNA was collected.
Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby CBright7831 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:12 am

G's defeat in that movie reminds me of a comic book villain getting his come-uppance and then everyone wondering if he's dead or alive. It's really a great ending - and although I'm one three people who loved FW - I would not have minded to see the Kiryu series continue.
CBright7831
Godzillasaurus

Postby zekend01 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:14 am

I just hope they use something very close to the Kiryu-Goji suit in the future because it was BADAZZ.
"If you can take the hot lead enema, then you can cast the first stone." - Lenny Bruce
http://www.myspace.com/cretinfunk
http://www.myspace.com/prometheuscomplex
zekend01
Godzilla

Postby Kaiju Nexus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:29 am

I would have absolutely loved a continuation of the Kiryu saga, especially for the 50th anniversary film.

I would have liked to think that, perhaps, with the radiation of the new Godzilla close by, the original bones within Kiryu may begin to regenerate. This results in the rebirth of the original Godzilla. Of course, there's also plenty of stray kaiju wandering around in that universe as well, so you have a near limitless supply of monsters to throw into the mix.

Who wouldn't have wanted to see Goji 54 vs GxMG Goji vs tons of other kaiju in an anniversary film?

Oh well. To dream...

btw, I did love GFW for what it was. However, I've never believed it was best suited as the 50th anniversary film.

"Because, if we didn't debate over silly nonsense, we wouldn't be fans. :) "

- pocketmego
Kaiju Nexus
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Millennium Era: 1999-2005