TALKBACK #25: GMK

Discuss the millennium era of Godzilla films! From Godzilla 2000 Millennium to Godzilla Final Wars, these films comprised a wide variety of styles and topics!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: TALKBACK #25: GMK

Postby UltraDada72 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:40 am

Jorzilla wrote:Despite the retread use of Mothra and King Ghidorah, as time goes on I think that this film will remain a highlight of the franchise. It's an entertaining film that captures a unique segment of Japanese society with a relevant message for the time.

I'd say this will continue to be my number one recommendation for people to start with the franchise if they are interested in the character.

When I first saw it I was extremely impressed, and years later, this is still one of my favorite Godzilla films. I would've loved to have seen the original idea of having Varan and Anguirus instead of Mothra and Ghidorah, but it's still a great, memorable film.
UltraDada72
Godzillasaurus

Re: TALKBACK #25: GMK

Postby TerranigmaFreak » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Still a very good movie with flaws, be it the pacing or the special effects. The strength out weigh the weaknesses for me. It definitely has more flair than most Godzilla movies, and an interesting take. The ending about the old man disappearing still gives me goose bumps to this day.
TerranigmaFreak
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to The Millennium Era: 1999-2005