[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
R.I.P. Chuck Barris • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

R.I.P. Chuck Barris

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

R.I.P. Chuck Barris

Postby Jinzo Ningen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 am

Multi-talented man who created 3 of the most popular game shows in television history: The Dating Game, The Newlywed Game and the infamous Gong Show. Yes, before Star Search, Before American Idol or America's Got Talent... there was The Gong Show. The Unknown Comic, Gene Gene The Dancing Machine, the whistling bellybutton guys.... Ahhh... good memories. :lol:

Reading a couple of obits, I learned some interesting facts about the man, including that he wrote the 60's pop ditty "Palisades Park." Also authored several books, including Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, which became a pretty decent movie back in 2002. The book's an interesting read, whether it's true or not. (I suspect not, but who really knows?). The man did his best to entertain America, that's for sure. Rest in peace Chuck.
Jinzo Ningen
Heisei Godzilla

Re: R.I.P. Chuck Barris

Postby mbozzo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:20 pm

He will be missed by his fans. :cry:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Return to General Discussion