[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Anyone have any 100 yen coins? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Anyone have any 100 yen coins?

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Anyone have any 100 yen coins?

Postby Mysterio » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey guys, this may sound like an odd question, but I was wondering if anyone here who has been to Japan has any 100 yen coins they'd be willing to part with at a fair price? A while back I picked up a magic trick/novelty from Japan that's sized for 100 yen coins and won't work right with US currency. According to google, 100 yen is roughly 87 cents at today's exchange rate. On ebay, people want $2-$4 each for them (or, they'll be 99 cents, which is fair, but with $4 shipping). Is there anyone who has spent any time in Japan and brought back some currency who would be willing to sell me some at a reasonable cost? Ideally I could use maybe 10-12 of them.

I am assuming that there is one main style of 100 yen coin at the moment, but I'm not familiar with Japanese currency. They'd all need to be the same diameter, I'm estimating about that of a nickel, with a silver-tone color and milled edge.

Thanks!
Mysterio
Godzilla

Re: Anyone have any 100 yen coins?

Postby canofhumdingers » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Have you tried going to a currency exchange? Often banks can do it, or if you live near a decent sized airport they'll also often have one available. And you can do it for cost at the exchange rate of the day. No shipping or fees.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Return to General Discussion