[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Why so many production companies to produce one film? • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Why so many production companies to produce one film?

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Why so many production companies to produce one film?

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:35 am

Greetings All,

I've been meaning to talk about this for a while, but a link to an article in the Spielberg thread by Mr Negativity reminded me of it. Remember the good old days...when one movie studio would also produce a film...

Well now..there may be one movie studio, and up to 5 or 6 Production companies (or more)...and they all want their logo at the beginning of the film. I understand, especially with a focus more on a global market (especially China), how this may be profitable, but I just find it annoying. We don't have opening credits in most films anymore, instead we've traded it for up to 3 minuets of production logos waiting for the dang film to start. I just noticed it in particular in the last two films I saw in theaters which happened to both be Paramount films (Star Trek Beyond and TMNT: OOTS) . I've been pretty outspoken about certain negative trends I have been seeing both in how modern films are made, and the movie going experience in general. This is just another nail in the coffin. It is still early, and honestly my foreknowledge of 2017 films in general is not the greatest, but off the top of my head, I can only think of three films that are a certainty for me to see in theaters in 2017.
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Why so many production companies to produce one film?

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:24 am

Often, a single studio, or a couple studios put up the money to MAKE the movie, then another studio (the larger one like Paramount, or Universal or WB) front the money to RELEASE it.

I imagine we'll be seeing logos for Legendary, WB and Universal at the start of the upcoming Godzilla/Kong movies, considering WB still has some rights in Godzilla, Universal Kong, and Legendary is the studio responsible for making them...oh and maybe a Wanda logo too since they are partnered with Legendary.

Making movies isn't as simple as it once was.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Re: Why so many production companies to produce one film?

Postby lhb412 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 am

I remember doing a double take when inundated with production companies before Star Trek Beyond.

These blockbusters require over $100 million easy, so it's no wonder the risk is spread around.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Return to General Discussion