[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
need help • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

need help

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

need help

Postby Henry88 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:39 pm

there are pink and white surveyor stakes and pink surveyor flags showing up on the highway
and i am thinking they may be getting ready to put down Fiber Optic cables although i am not sure,
call will be made on Monday but until that happens here is a pick of one of the stakes that was close to our driveway.
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Re: need help

Postby The Shadow » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:13 pm

It could be for fiber optic cable. The first results from Google about survey marker color codes returns some PDFs from the website Bluestakes.org. The PDFs have a quick list for a recommended APWA uniform color code [ANSI Z535.1]. I don't see white in the picture, just a regular wooden stake painted pink with orange tag attached.

According to the color code Pink denotes temporary survey markings, and Orange is for "Communication, Alarm or Signal Lines, Cables or Conduit". If there is white painted onto the stake that I can't see, the color code says that is for proposed excavation.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:25 pm

there are white stakes on the rode and spray paint marks as well that range from white Orange and red.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:10 pm

In the color code Red means "Electric Power Lines, Cables, Conduit and Lighting Cables" -- taken all together, it's prep work for laying some sort of cable and fiber optic is good bet.
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 pm

that puts a big smile on my face,many thanks.
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:17 am

Your welcome, even if the info I found is only a bit of help. I hope it turns out to be fiber optic cable. I'm only guessing based on what the color codes say (and they're not all that specific). I'm assuming the usual sort of cable & telephone lines are already laid so that leaves fiber optic as the next most likely option.
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Return to General Discussion