[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Turn a Negative Experience Positive • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Turn a Negative Experience Positive

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Turn a Negative Experience Positive

Postby O.Supreme » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Greetings All,

Not sure if we have a thread like this, or even if it will be popular at all but... I figure we all have a lot of negativity going on in our lives the Shi##y day thread is evidence of that. However...every once in a while good triumphs. We can take a bad situation and turn it around. I just experienced this, and thought I'd share, and open a forum for anyone to share past or present opportunities to turn something around.

For the past week or so, at my work the IT tam has been doing updates, which require us to restart our computers several times a day, each time resulting in about 10-15 minuets of work time lost. Now that in itself is no big deal, but just siting there waiting is of course boring as can be. Then I remembered the Simpsons episodes where Homer had to wait 5 days to get a gun, and the song playing was...-Tom Petty "The Waiting"

So..I found that song on my phone, and started playing it in my headphones at work. And you know what...I didn't feel angry or frustrated anymore. 8)
There are no more good TV Shows, only ones that haven't disappointed me yet.
O.Supreme
Burning Godzilla

Re: Turn a Negative Experience Positive

Postby mbozzo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Sometime, we can learn things about ourselves from a negative experience. :shock:
mbozzo
Godzilla

Return to General Discussion