[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Most Anticipated Films of 2016 • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Most Anticipated Films of 2016

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Most Anticipated Films of 2016

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:18 am

It's been a tough year for blockbusters, but smaller movies (and horror) have been really good this year.

The Nice Guys, The VVitch, Green Room, and a direct-to-Netflix movie (Hush) all impressed, and there are a LOT of movies I have yet to see (I'm basically only caught up through half the year at this point).

Meanwhile, the only blockbuster I LOVED was Deadpool. And then I liked Jungle Book and Apocalypse a lot, but they're a noticeable step down from some of the really good blockbusters we've been getting the past few years, and other blockbusters (BvS, Civil War, Ghostbusters, Warcraft, and possibly more...still quite a few I haven't seen) either were mediocre or BAD. Civil War is the second Marvel movie I'll probably buy because I 'have' to. I'll grant it's SIGNIFICANLTY better than Age of Ultron (which I think is a steaming pile of garbage), but it left me cold and I shrugged it off and haven't had the urge to revisit it, at ALL.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:32 am

I don't know how anyone could not love Civil War. It goes outside of the box of being just another super hero film. Not to mention I have no idea how you can like Apocalypse, which might as well had been directed by Brett Ratner so he could take the blame again for that turd. But he can't, so Apocalypse proved when Singer has no friggin idea how to actually make an X-Men movie. The man needs to retire from the franchise so Fox can reboot it again with some dignity. Either that, or just ignore everything but First Class and give the franchise to Vaughn to do real sequels to his movie.

Agreed on The Nice Guys, which is phenomenal.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:38 am

Age of Ultron was no where near that bad. Just because it wasn't as good as the first one does not instantly make it a bad movie.

Then again, a bad Marvel movie is better than a lot of good movies.

Nevertheless, I don't think anything is going to top Winter Soldier and I expect that after Phase 3 ends their movies will start sinking.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:16 am

Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:54 am

I agree on it being poorly edited, but it was still fun, entertaining, had a lot of great dialog, some good character moments, a balance between comedy and drama, and Ultron was an awesome villain. He was exactly what you would expect from someone who was educated by the internet. The movie still felt like a comic book story, and that is all I ask.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:56 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby tbeasley » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:39 pm

My hazy rankings -

Great
The Witch
Star Trek Beyond
Shin Godzilla

Good
Deadpool
10 Cloverfield Lane
Captain America: Civil War
Green Room
The Jungle Book
X-Men: Apocalypse
The Legend of Tarzan
The Magnificent Seven

Okay
Jane Got a Gun
Warcraft
The BFG
Suicide Squad
Doctor Strange

Poor
Gods of Egypt
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Awful
Ghostbusters

I'd like to finish the year up with Arrival, Fantastic Beasts, Rogue One and A Monster Calls.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.
tbeasley
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to General Discussion