[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
(GMAN's) THE NICHE on MovieHolics • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

(GMAN's) THE NICHE on MovieHolics

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

(GMAN's) THE NICHE on MovieHolics

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:33 pm

To be as brief as I can, a friend of mine (Kyler) started the Youtube channel called not long ago. Seeing a lull in his schedule for set work, he felt like he needed to fill his time with something and he's since spent a lot of effort on this.
This past summer I met with him about the possibility of guest hosting some of his shows. While that possibility is still in the air, he was actually more interested in expanding the channel with a show of my own. I was a little apprehensive about it, especially at the time. I didn't and (to some extent) still do not have the full means to do this properly. Additionally, I'm a fairly private person, which has made me a little iffy about sharing it.

But to help the cause I'll take a risk. I don't edit the material together, I simply shoot the footage and send Kyler the material for him to cut as he wants. This has led to some hiccups in the work flow and I'm still working on perfecting it. (For example, the first video isn't even in HD which was completely my fault. There's also a frame rate glitch that unhinges the audio sync.)

It's all something I intend to perfect a little bit more with each episode and indeed there's already a solid difference between the first two episodes. So now that I've made enough excuses for myself, I give you, The Niche:

Here's the other "Niche" related show called The Niche on the Fly, for shorter bits of news/opinions that can be released at any time:

Last edited by Gman2887 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Re: (GMAN's) THE NICHE on MovieHolics

Postby eabaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Don't have time to watch the whole things right now (still at work), but I just watched the first couple of minutes of episode 1, and you have a good screen presence.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Practically forgot I made this thread. Thanks for the words Ebaker, although I wouldn't be shocked if you confused me with Kyler's intro in the first episode. :wink:
He put up another one today:

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Well I decided to tackle all the King Kong vs. Godzilla remake stuff this go around. Hope you enjoy:

There's some sound syncing issues that's related on my end. The camera is just recording at a weird frame rate and when the footage gets dropped into the timeline it has to be re-synced. I just need to get an actual camera. I'm also sick of the color correcting issues, but again-- A real camera is needed.
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:04 pm

We recently launched another show called The Niche on the Fly, for shorter bits of news/opinions that can be released at any time. The first was about the G'16 title, casting, etc. Not very long at all and it looks better than the full blown Niche episode.

(Not sure if I should post a "NSWF" tag on it or not, but there's a very attractive picture of Satomi in it that Kyler may had a lot of fun editing in there.Just in case.)

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 am

My thoughts on the Attack on Titan live-action movie:

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Took break from Japanese related topics for a movie I'm sorta bonkers about. Crimson Peak. My pronunciation and inflection sounds a little funny due to a slightly hoarse voice, but I had a deadline to meet:

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Finally got another one of the smaller episodes up. Had a hiatus due to recently moving/work, but things are coming out of the pipework now. Oh and Movieholics recently hit over 1000 subscribers, so that's been awesome! Tackled the original Gamera for the "mini" episode:

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:17 pm

I shot this one almost a month ago, but the channel didn't get to editing it until recently. Here's the review for Attack on Titan: End of the World.

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Another mini-episode on the latest Godzilla Resurgence news:
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 am

^Great video! I hadn't heard the talk that the Godzilla '16 design might have one arm shorter than the other. Reminds me of how when Godzilla's hand was burned by Hedorah it was supposed to look skeletal, but it seems they couldn't quite communicate that visually.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 am

I might've worded that poorly. I think the source said the arm would be "smaller", but he didn't go into specifics. It could just mean that one arm might have less flesh on it than the other? We'll see.
Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 pm

Unfortunate that this one has been delayed so long and is mislabeled as "episode 07" though I felt it turned out okay, barring minor sync/frame rate issues. My top 10 Godzilla battles:

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Postby Geno » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:45 am

Great videos. Keep up the good work. Feel like you just need to fix the audio but other than that, it's all good.
The only kind of real fantasy
Geno
Baby Godzilla

Postby Gman2887 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks! Agreed the audio is awful on a few of them. Will work it out when I'm in a better position to do so.

Next up, had fun with this one:

Gman2887
Burning Godzilla

Return to General Discussion