[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
GO ROCKETS, GO! • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

GO ROCKETS, GO!

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

GO ROCKETS, GO!

Postby walshiam » Sat May 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Clutch City Part 2 has begun! The Houston Rockets are the one team that truly knows the meaning of "THE GAME'S NOT OVER 'TILL IT'S OVER!"
walshiam
Godzilla

Re: GO ROCKETS, GO!

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat May 16, 2015 11:04 pm

I started following basketball about 5 years ago when I moved to Houston. They've built a great team down here and I think they're just a piece or two away from being the BEST, but I don't know if they'll be able to get past Golden State (assuming they win tomorrow).

I'm hoping, though!
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby walshiam » Sun May 17, 2015 7:23 pm

I find it difficult to believe some people were still bettin' on the Clippers to pull this one out after that demoralizing loss in their house having a 19 point advantage in game 6. As for the Rockets, the true challenge comes up in the Western Conference Finals against Golden State. Houston has a 0-4 record this season against them.
walshiam
Godzilla

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm

As a salty life long Chicago Bulls fan living in Miami, this is the 4th year in a row I root against a Lebron James lead team.

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:32 pm

I was giving the Rockets the edge in a close game, but I still thought the Clippers could potentially come in hot. I mean, I never would have thought this series would go to 7 in the first place after the way the Rocekts manhandled the Mavs, and I never thought they'd just completely fail to show up in games 3 and 4 and then I never thought they'd come storming back after two demoralizing losses like that...

...so I was PRETTY confident the Rockets would win, but not like I was about them winning the series back when it first started.

And yeah, the true test comes now, and I dunno...I think they could make it a 6-7 game series, but I don't trust ANYONE to get the best of Golden State 4 out of 7 times, honestly.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby H-Man » Mon May 18, 2015 6:00 pm

My team, the Celtics, are out, so at this point I'm really just looking for the most entertaining series. I think Clippers and Warriors (especially with their history as bad teams and their recent rivalry) would have been the ideal Western Conf Final matchup, but I'm really impressed with the way the Rockets have played in the Playoffs. Harden is every bit as good as he was in the regular season and Dwight has really picked up his play.

It's really too bad that Houston has had so many injuries. I really like the way Donatas Moniejunas plays and I think he'd pose an interesting threat to the Warriors' backup bigmen.
H-Man
Heisei Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 pm

It hurt to see no shot being thrown up in the final seconds. Not even a blind Hail Mary falling down shot...AGH.
Gills.

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!! » Fri May 22, 2015 1:16 am

Ultraman. Is a Dick. A Big Dick.
Shin_Edda_Robo!!!!!
Burning Godzilla

Return to General Discussion