[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Vintage movie posters • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Vintage movie posters

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Vintage movie posters

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:34 pm

So I just found out store is literally five minutes from my house. They literally have thousands of original movie posters. We went there today and I was browsing original posters for things like 2001, Errol Flynn's Robin Hood, the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogies, Atragon, The Mysterians, Gigantis the Fire Monster, Gone with the Wind, Singing in the Rain.... You get the idea. They have over 3000 original posters. They had EVERYTHING. They also have vintage travel posters and vintage war posters.

They also had plenty of vintage theater paraphernalia including reels, cans, vintage light fixtures, and even rows of vintage seats!

And the couple who runs it is really awesome. The gentleman is a British geologist retired from the oil industry and his wife is an artist who does incredible fine art and vintage poster restoration. You can see some of their restoration work on their site. They really do it right in that any restoration work they do can be undone or reversed if needed or desired. It's true archival/museum quality restoration.

But the best part is, when my wife first texted me a link to their website (my wife always seems to find these incredible things!) she included the caveat, "you can have ONE!"

So I am now the proud owner or an original one sheet for the American release of Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster!!! I don't have it in hand yet as I am having them linen-back it with some very minor restoration and then custom frame it. But below is a picture of the actual poster I bought from their site. SOO EXCITED!!!

http://originalvintagemovieposters.com/ ... hidrah.jpg
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:38 pm

my wife is going to HATE you for informing me of this. :lol:
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:46 pm

canofhumdingers
Burning Godzilla