[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Dieting/Excercise thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Dieting/Excercise thread

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Dieting/Excercise thread

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Going to start going to the gym again. Probably tonight will be my first night back in like a month.

I've also started drinking more water. I drink probably about a half gallon of water a day and I'm starting to feel a lot better. I've also cut back on drinking soda I have one like once a week if that.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby klen7 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:12 pm

klen7
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:47 pm

So...

With my vacation over as of today, I plan to work out in full swing starting tomorrow. I can make any excuse I want, but the fact remains that in two years I've managed to put on roughly 50 lbs. My doctor also informed me that my cholesterol went up 100 points since the last time it was tested and had to put me on medicine to keep it in check. I just turned 30 and there is NO reason I should be in this kind of lousy shape.

With that being said, I hope to post regular updates...I'm hoping some of you join in and keep the discussion going.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:20 am

Yeah, G-Fest killed my calorie count. Gino's East, Mitsuwa Marketplace ramen shop. I sort of had good meal when I got home, shark and corn.

Time to get strict again.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm

I start my vacation friday and during that time I'm getting on a better sleep schedule and better eating habits. Plus I'm going to be going to the gym regularly.

Right now I'm on a second/third shift sleep schedule and would like to go to bed a few hours earlier than what I have been and get up about three hours earlier than what I am. As for my diet I've been eating a lot of junk food I'm going to try and add more fruit and veggies in there but as it stands the only veggies I like are corn, potatoes and spinach.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Hybrid Gojira » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Update: Well, technically I'm just starting. I weighed in at 229 over the weekend. It can only get better from here (I hope), right?
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast
Hybrid Gojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby DannyBeane » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:22 am

After gaining 10lbs during my trip to Chicago for G-fest, I'm officially back on the keto diet/running bandwagon. If I can get my damn garage cleared out, I'll also start lifting again. Just think, this time last year I was down to 178 and now I'm back to 200 :(
DannyBeane
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:12 pm

200 is like my first-step goal. If I can get down there I can at least be COMFORTABLE, if not as thin as I'd like to be...

I was up to 238, and I'm down to 228, so it's not all bad and doom-and-gloom, but I just need to keep going. I'm going for much more gradual this time around, more a lifestyle change than a quick sprint to a goal weight.
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby EricDent » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:02 am

I probably could use to drop a few pounds.
I weighed myself and it said about 210.

I guess eating out most of the time for meals (mostly fast food places) isn't a good idea...

I had my weight down to about 190.
Thought it was bad when I was around 205 and my face was rather chubby.

Probably should drink more water as well.

I'm about 5' 11", and not a big exercise person.

I used to ride a bike to school in Elementary (in Olympia WA which has some pretty steep hills).
Always liked swimming (mostly messing around).
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!
EricDent
Heisei Godzilla

Postby XvGojira » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Moved myself up onto chart 2 of the 5XB. Having a hard time with the sit ups (as in you literally sit up vertically from a prone position without lifting your legs), because there's not much furniture I can stick my feet under comfortably to do them properly. It's odd, I hate push-up, but I know once I get used to them (get some arm strength) they'll be fine. but until then uuugggghhhh!

I've been a bit slacking though, I put off the 6 minute jog in place while I'm at work. But I work nightshift at a hospital lobby making badges for the less than a dozen people through out the night and to save money the cut the air to the lobby when they dim the lights and it gets muggy as hell in there. I'm sweating my ass off with a fan on me (I feel sorry for the security officers when I'm not there wearing all their gear in that place). So jogging for any amount of time isn't all that appealing, at least not without being able to shower and change afterwards. No one wants to be greeted at the hospital by a sweaty geek.
XvGojira
Burning Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:44 am

Sorry to post in this topic after so long and sorry for the long read but...

I finally started getting serious about dieting and excercise again and let me explain below.

Last month March 6th to be exact after having a long weekend and poor diet habits during the weekend I woke up that Monday a few times and it felt like I had been kicked in the ribs. I didn't think anything of it and then later that day at work I started having severe pain on my right side just above my ribs. This was probably one of the worst pains I felt other than last year when I had injured my back. Well I was going to go into the doctor's office that night because we have a couple of the cheap medical places around my work but I decided to stick it out. I noticed the pain got a lot worse after drinking a soda, so for lunch that day I just had a water to and relaxed in my breakroom sure enough the pain went away.

The next day there was some minor discomfort so again I thought I was out of the clear, well I was wrong a hour before my shift ended the same pain kicked back up and lasted a couple of hours. Then then twice on Wednesday it flaired up and finally again on Thursday morning. So that evening on my lunch break I went into the cheap doctor's office around the corner and he thought it was my gallbladder so he ordered blood work and an ultrasound being Thursday night at around 7pm I couldn't get either done. So the next day I made my appointment for the ultrasound which I thought the receptionist I spoke to said it'd be March 15th but it was a week later.

So after doing the blood work and ultrasound I waited a couple of days to get the results come to find out it was my liver causing the issue. I have what they call a fatty liver which can be caused by being overweight or drinking a lot well since I don't drink a lot the answer had to be being over weight.

Last Monday I went to my normal physician for my annual physical and discussed the results with her. She suggested I get a calore tracking app on my phone and start doing excercise for at least five minutes a day and also ordered an additional blood test to test for severe liver damage and hepatitis which can cause that.

After nearly getting up to my heavist again (as of last week I'm 307, my heavist was 320) I figured it's time to take this as a wake up call. I haven't had soda since the day I first expierenced the pain and this past week I've been watching what I've been eating and doing the excercise thing. I haven't weighed my self recently but I do feel like I'm losing weight as my cloths feel losser and my vest at work is losser as well.

I've been keeping track of my excercise and calores in the MyFitnessPal app and my goal is about 4-5lbs a week sadly you can only have 2lbs a week selected in that app and they suggested with that I should eat 2800 calores which I think is way to much so I figured I'd do 2000 calores a day. I've been sticking too for the most part there's a few days I went over but because of the excercise I've done I've ended up with extra calores for the day.

I have a follow up appointment in July with my physician so we'll see what she says then.

My goal is to get down to about 260-255 then join the gym to start building muscle and toning up and ultimately I'd like to get down to about 220 or maybe 230 for a toned body.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:00 am

^Good luck! Nothing spookier than surprise health crisis.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:07 am

Thanks man and yeah that was real scary especially for the first two weeks that it happend. I wasn't sure if I was going to have to get my gallbladder out or what. I'm just thankful it's nothing serious.

Today I over at but I did make up for it with a bit longer on the excercise bike. I still came out with over 600 calores left for the day.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 am

Well my first two weeks I lost 12 lbs and this week I haven't lost any in fact I've been shifting between gaining a pound and staying at 12 lbs. I'm not sure why but I've been eating healthy and excercising regularly. It's just really frustrating.

The only thing I can think of is I have some minor stress going on in my life but I don't think that'd do it.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:07 am

So I finally got around to joining the gym about three weeks ago. I go about three to four days a week and have noticed quite a few changes. I've lost about seven pounds, my body is starting to slim up in my upper frame and I've gained quite a bit of muscle in my arms. Right now I'd say I have a pear shape body which I'm happy with and not happy with I still have a lot to do on my mid section.

So far my workouts consists of 10 minutes (plus three minutes of "cool down") of treadmill on the fat burn setting with a speed of about 3 MPH, I try to set my heart rate to about 150 which in turn adjusts the incline on the treadmill till I reach that. Next gym day I'll be bumping up the treadmill to 15 minutes again with the three minutes of cool down. Then one day I'll focus on arms I was doing 15 pound dumb bells but moved up to 20 with relative ease and then I move on to the various other machines that focus on your arms. The next day I do legs and focus on that. Then one day I do a little bit of everything. I also try to work in abs every trip as well.

I want to lose about 30 more pounds then start the actual toning process of getting ab, arm and leg definition. Also on a side note my mood has improved 10 fold, I get home from working out after work and I feel so energetic and happy. Before I'd come home be tired but not and just feel meh.

On a side note does anyone have any tips for sliming down the mid section? I'd like to get rid of this "beer gut" even though I don't drink beer or any alcohol for that matter.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to General Discussion