[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
2012's Tintin Awards (Films You Couldn't Stand) • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

2012's Tintin Awards (Films You Couldn't Stand)

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby Benjamin Haines » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Benjamin Haines
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby ultrasanto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Mr Mouth

perhaps Mr. King has proven valuable with his knowledge then why be so nasty of a film that is rich in quality.

I find annoying this kind of pretentious attitude agaisnt any subject....we have to admit in life that no one owns the secret of the universe....

I love Scifi Japan website because is it full of great persons who wish to share their knowledges on various subject of the art of cinemas and television...

Its not that i expect it to be dead serious like the dictionary but there is a level of so-called humour that i find obnoxious not funny ....
ultrasanto
Godzilla Jr.

Postby Shonokin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Everyone has their opinion and their taste. If we all liked and hated the same things it'd be pretty darn boring.

I didn't grow up with Tintin but I discovered it in the last 8-9 years or so. I like the comics a lot. I think the cartoons are okay. I think for what they did with taking 4 books and merging it down to 2 movies works just fine.

That is saying a LOT because I mostly cannot stand motion capture movies of any type. But I think this worked really well and I was braced for it to be a major disappointment. Loved it!

Peter Jackson is getting back to work on part 2 after he's done with the Hobbit movies. I think 2 will be much better as Jackson knows the material better and the books represented in 2 have a lot more action/adventure elements.

I can't really say what movies I hated in 2012 as I only saw movies I liked. I usually see maybe 3 movies in the theater each year so I'm super picky. The only movie I actively and viscerally hated in the past couple of years is Frank Miller's THE SPIRIT.
Shonokin
Monster 01

Postby eabaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby Shonokin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Shonokin
Monster 01

Postby lhb412 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm

eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Yeah, well we've been over this. Different strokes for different folks. Some people love Tin Tin and hate Watchmen...for me it's the reverse and I can't really understand the opposite opinion, that being said...I don't understand all this crazy hoopla about a thread name. If you know me, or at least seen a handful of my posts, you should know that I take a great pleasure in hyperbole. I love exageration and drama. I love to talk endlessly about the things I love, and I'm all too eager to dump on things that I don't like. At the very least, my posts can't be seen as apathetic or neutral.

I mean, I try to be neutral to a point, and I rarely like to kick other people's puppies (hence why you don't see me hanging around in Godzilla film threads where I don't like the movie...with the exception of GFW, which is a film that I have a strong reaction with...it just happens to be negative and so I love to vent about it).

I could go on and on about Tin Tin (the film) and why is struck me as so god awful but it's really beating a dead horse at this point. This thread's title, is not really meant to promote any further discussion about the film itself. It's a in-joke, to some of the folks who know me around here. If anything, my vocal reaction to this film is meant to be comedic at this point. The stuff of legend. It's my bane. My Kryponite. Achilles heel.

Oh, and I think this might have been the first (actually, maybe second...)time I've been called pretencious and that's kind of hilarious. I'm the anti-snob. I'd rather watch an episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles over an Oscar bait film any day.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby ultrasanto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

I m sorry about all of that cause its gettin out of hand...

what i find pretentious...is when somebody makes bold affirmation like THIS IS CRAP......instead of saying I DIDN T LIKE IT....

one is a personal opinion ...the others is also an opinion but it pretend to be more....

Unfortunotly ...it is far easier to destroy than to create....

I ve been reading TINTIN for 50 years....i have my own pretention in saying that i can tell if a film is a good adaptation of the spirit of those books...

its never an easy task to do something like that and they did a marvelous job.

I also wish that they would have done it a real live actor...i m not a fan
of this filmaking techniques....Its great to add an impossible caracter like GOLLUM into a live action film but otherwise....nah

i was pleasently surprise..and I can t wait for the next.... I don t think Jackson is a better director than Spielberg but both are wonderful filmakers...

I m sorry that my frustration got the better of me....
i ll avoid this subject matter and go to subject that is positive....
ultrasanto
Godzilla Jr.

Postby king_ghidorah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 pm

I can at least respect your dedication to the thing you loved. I know it bothered me in the Showa Gamera thread when a few people just showed up to crap on the films and the film maker when the discussion had been relatively positive up until then.

Honestly, at this point my hatred for Tin Tin is supposed to be an exageration...a joke.

Still, I'll try to calm it down a tiny bit perhaps in the future.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby ultrasanto » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

ultrasanto
Godzilla Jr.

Postby lhb412 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:57 pm

This thread is crap.

(zing!)
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 am

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby eabaker » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 pm

eabaker
Heisei Godzilla

Previous

Return to General Discussion