The Sh*tty Day thread

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

The Sh*tty Day thread

Postby MouthForWar » Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

So this is a thread to sound off on your sh*tty day.

Today my manager at my job got let go... this is a guy I've known since I was 7, is one of my best friends, and got me a job when nobody else would give me one. He was a great manager and he's an all around good guy with a wife and a kid. One of the more f*cked laws in Michigan is that you can just fire someone with no rhyme or reason. All the shills at corporate told him was they "want to go in a new direction."

So needless to say, I'm really bummed and hoping he pulls through.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby king_ghidorah » Wed May 30, 2012 6:57 pm

That's messed up man. Hope he can hang in there. And of course I already hated Michigan...me being from Ohio and all :lol: .
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:That's messed up man. Hope he can hang in there. And of course I already hated Michigan...me being from Ohio and all :lol: .

Dude, I hate Michigan... being from Michigan and all. :lol:
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 pm

MouthForWar wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:That's messed up man. Hope he can hang in there. And of course I already hated Michigan...me being from Ohio and all :lol: .

Dude, I hate Michigan... being from Michigan and all. :lol:

As do I that's why I'm looking to transplant out of this state.
The member formerly known as gvamp
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Wed May 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Not that it helps your friend's situation any, but it sounds like he was hired under an "At will employment" agreement. It's a standard employment agreement across the country and allows the employee or the employer to terminate employment when they wish for any reason.

It really sucks he lost his job, especially with corporate giving him that thin smokescreen reason.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Thu May 31, 2012 1:41 am

The Shadow wrote:Not that it helps your friend's situation any, but it sounds like he was hired under an "At will employment" agreement. It's a standard employment agreement across the country and allows the employee or the employer to terminate employment when they wish for any reason.

It really sucks he lost his job, especially with corporate giving him that thin smokescreen reason.

Looking into it, it turns out that most of the jobs in MI work that way, which doesn't surprise me.

From what I know, the district manager here has been trying to make our location into the corporate location in MI, and last week they hired someone from corporate and didn't say what her title here would be... so the theory around our (non-existent) water-cooler is they got rid of the manager here to bring her in, so someone from corporate would be managing. We'll see what happens, none of us will know until next week at the soonest.

It really sucks... like I said, this is one of my best friends, and we all loved him and he was a great manager... going into work tonight, the atmosphere was very heavy and depressing and we're all very upset and angry.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Green Dragon » Thu May 31, 2012 2:29 am

"Corporations are people too."

Sociopathic ones that will throw everyone under the bus when they see fit. :(

All the news I see coming from the Wisconsin/Michigan area, especially of a political bent, makes me feel for you guys.
www.facebook.com/wtodd

"...Tibby, I love you my fine little fella, even though you gave the whole family salmonella..."
Green Dragon
Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 am

I left my computer at home today...hour drive in to the office, hour drive back home to get it, hour drive back in to the office...alll before 9 AM. :x
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 pm

I scratched my cornea. It hurts... a lot.

I'm in a dark room and I've got this monitor zoomed in like crazy so I can read this.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:53 am

Ever since getting back from vacation I've been having bad days at work A LOT; take tonight for example I had to make a "super sandwich bail" which is basically putting bags full of plastic crushing those down once the bailer is full, rinse and repeat. It took me about 2.5 hours to do time I could have spent doing some WAY more productive.

If I have more bad days I'm about half tempted to just start looking for a new job. Don't get me wrong I love my job I've had more success here than any other job I've worked at, I've met a lot of amazing people here and there's plenty of room for growth for me but I'm just getting super stressed out and I don't think it's worth it.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:31 am

Tom R VanSlambrouck wrote:If I have more bad days I'm about half tempted to just start looking for a new job. Don't get me wrong I love my job I've had more success here than any other job I've worked at, I've met a lot of amazing people here and there's plenty of room for growth for me but I'm just getting super stressed out and I don't think it's worth it.

I feel the same way, although for different reasons. Its been ROUGH since my friend was relieved of management... the district manager is taking over for the next couple weeks and the guy is a complete arse, and it is becoming more and more apparent to everyone that our old manager was let go really for no reason at all... just corporate bullsh*t that had nothing to do with how the gym was actually running.

So I'm with you, man. I'm on a midnight shift and the hours really work for me because I can have my days free for school... and that's really the only reason I'm still here. I'm already feeling like I should find another job... morale here is low, nobody is happy, and the place feels more like a business instead of a family now.

It sucks feeling stuck in a job you really have no desire for anymore. I feel your pain on every level. Doesn't help that we're stuck in Michigan. :(
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 am

DEveloped migraine behind hurt eye. Half-delirious with pain.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 am

I've never scratched an eyeball before but it sounds painful and well... kind of insane.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Back from the doctor. Should be fine. I'm all numbed and doped up.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby MouthForWar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 am

Co-worker of mine got date raped.

Got the rest of my tooth pulled (it broke the first time they tried) today and my face hurts. And I still went to work today (which is where I am now).

F*ck the world.
MouthForWar
Controller

Postby Green Dragon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:12 am

Trying to collect on 25 hours of contract work from a former client/boss....he sold the company without telling anyone.

Just an all-around douchebag, loved to show off what a "playa" he is. Nothing more annoying than an overweight 40-something white guy throwing up gangsta signs in his facebook pics to show how pimp he is. :roll:

(...and his office, when I had to go in there, reeked of too much cologne and stale french fries :puke: )
www.facebook.com/wtodd

"...Tibby, I love you my fine little fella, even though you gave the whole family salmonella..."
Green Dragon
Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 am

MouthForWar wrote:Co-worker of mine got date raped.

Got the rest of my tooth pulled (it broke the first time they tried) today and my face hurts. And I still went to work today (which is where I am now).

F*ck the world.

Damn. sorry man. FTW indeed.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 am

My 30-year old, extremely in shape sister had a stroke... :(
Gills.

My DVD/Blu-Ray Collection:
http://jellydonut25.filmaf.com/owned
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Dr Kain » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:15 pm

My sh tty day from yesterday:

I go to buy something at the store, my Keybank card won't work. I call up the bank, for some reason the system reported my card as lost and deactivated it even though I have only had it for two weeks. The lady could not even order me a new card, so I have to call up again today to get a card ordered, hopefully. Ever since my HSBC account became Key last month I have had massive issues with them having incorrect addresses, their system no updating my address, and now randomly cancelling my card, blocking me from getting access to the $400 I have in there to pay bills this week.

Plus, I got turned down from ANOTHER freaking job. That is now nine interviews in a row covering 17 positions.
Dr Kain
Millennium Godzilla

Postby Tom R VanSlambrouck » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:26 pm

Really tired out today and my dog had to go in for surgery on what the vet thinks is a tumor.
Tom R VanSlambrouck
Millennium Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:40 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:My 30-year old, extremely in shape sister had a stroke... :(

The hell!?!?! Man...you just never know. Reminds me to enjoy life a little more.

Kain, I'm sorry to hear about your job situation. My temp job is almost over, after that I'll just have my reserve pay.

Stands on soapbox: I tells you what. Our entire generation is screwed. It's pretty bad when a lot of us have college degrees and can only work at fast food joints...if that. We're all really inheriting a mess of a country and a sinking economy...plus a aging population that's huge and that we'll have to take care of soon. Makes me almost want to give up. Almost. Things will get better...just have to believe that.

Steps off soapbox.
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:43 pm

I shouldn't even post in this thread. If I summed up the last 10 months of my life it'd be a giant, depressing read that none of you want.

I want to think things will get better, but somehow they keep finding a way to get worse. At least I still have a roof over my head. *crosses fingers*
metal_bryan
Controller

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:45 pm

metal_bryan wrote:I shouldn't even post in this thread. If I summed up the last 10 months of my life it'd be a giant, depressing read that none of you want.

I want to think things will get better, but somehow they keep finding a way to get worse. At least I still have a roof over my head. *crosses fingers*

:(
FTW
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby MekaGojira3k » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:09 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:plus a aging population that's huge and that we'll have to take care of soon.

Pfft. I'm not taking care of them.
"We Can't Stop Here, This is Bat Country!"
Check out the Gojicast, because if you won't...who will?
MekaGojira3k
Millennium Godzilla

Postby metal_bryan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 pm

MekaGojira3k wrote:
king_ghidorah wrote:plus a aging population that's huge and that we'll have to take care of soon.

"Pfft. I'm not taking care of them."

- Paul Ryan

Fixed. :P
metal_bryan
Controller

Next

Return to General Discussion