[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3906)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Insomniac's Thread • Monster Zero x SciFi Japan - Archive Only

Insomniac's Thread

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Re: Insomniac's Thread

Postby lhb412 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:20 am

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:29 pm

mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Oh my god... I've had this song periodically stuck in my head for about 18 years and I just now figured out what it was:

lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby mr.negativity » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:49 pm

^Thanks!
mr.negativity
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:05 pm

I've always found it strange that the movie adaptation of Dragnet shifted into parody and away from the realistic depiction of police work that Jack Webb strove for, but at the same time the movie seems to work out fairly well (especially considering how often Hollywood drops the ball).

Dragnet's also one of those shows that began on radio and transitioned to television in the 50s.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:22 pm

^Well, by the '80s I guess Dragnet had acquired some infamy for it's sensationalistic anti-drug anti-youth culture episodes of the '60s and the movie kinda riffed on that.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby The Shadow » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:56 am

That the Dragnet movie works as well as it does impresses me when I think about it; the movie is a highly unusual exception for Hollywood.

We've seen Hollywood's adaptations of television shows generally fall flat one way or another. Hollywood has tried the "turn it into a comedy" route fairly often lately and the movies come off as more a hackneyed skit; Dragnet successfully parodies Dragnet AND pays tribute to it, an apparently difficult line to walk.

Now for something different. Google's Pixel 2 just released and they dropped the standard headphone jack (and they even had the gall to make fun of Apple October 2016). This is a trend I don't like, as there does not seem to be a real end user benefit (in particular no genuine audio improvement over the headphone jack).

I could understand if cheap bluetooth headphones were everywhere, but they aren't and don't look to be cheap anytime soon (and of course, don't forget the battery life limitation). I could understand if the device makers put two USB C ports on the phone (or lightning in Apple's case) so people could both charge their phone and use a dongle with a current pair of headphones, but again they don't.

I know dropping the headphone jack has nothing to do with water resistance, my Galaxy S5 has a headphone jack and is IP67 certified.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow
Burning Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:31 am

Nightmare on Elm Street 5 is on TV and there's a scene where a bunch of Spider-Man comics are strewn around and I caught a glimpse of an issue I just happened to have in my hand a few hours ago while digging through the discount boxes at my local comics shop.

what are the chances?
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Previous

Return to General Discussion