Recently watched movies!

Talk about anything on your mind!

Moderator: Controllers

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Prophecy....staring Man-Bear-Pig not Christopher Walken....wow...I actually really liked this movie alot...kinda creepy at times and atmospheric...
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby Destroysall » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Brick Side wrote:
Destroysall wrote:
Brick Side wrote:
Destroysall wrote:
Brick Side wrote:Well I am trying to get to that one, but I can't seem to watch Destroy All Planets for more than 10 minutes before I fall asleep :lol:

:lol: That one too can get boring!

Super Monster Gamera can get really boring since the fight scenes are stock footage. It's still entertaining though, for me that is. :)

Well, I just upped and skipped it. I was able to watch it for 15 minutes this time and could not stand those annoying child actors. I may just give up watching these whenever I finish the next one (which I started)... they are so bad :lol:

I hear ya! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah! Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I recently did pick up The Black Scorpion(1957), and it wasn't that bad. Bad, but not that bad. Its these kind of movies that I love :D

Cripes, the next one isn't much better! It seemed like it was going to get interesting when they were gonna cut that kids head open, but then it's like "we want to eat his brains!" Plus it was the most poorly constructed plan! Why befriend the children for so long? Why not just kill them immediately! They're the worst villains EVER. And why does that Japanese kid know so damn much? He figures everything out in an instant on that planet. Least the monster fights are fun, although Gamera being defeated by a ninja star to the face is lame.

I want to give Gamera vs Monster X a chance because I know it doesn't have lame aliens in it, but we'll see. If I do watch it it'll be the last. These movies are just so bad :lol:

:lmfao:

A friend of mine had picked me up a copy of the Gamera Vs. Monster X/Attack of the Monsters double feature a couple years back. Its not that great, trust me! Jiger is probably one of my least favorite monsters from Gamera ever!

These movies are so bad, but I love them! Some of my friends like Gamera vs. Guiron because of the tricks Gamera does in the film :lol:

The only movie I haven't seen yet is Gamera vs. Zigra, I want that one so bad to complete my showa Gamera movie collection, then I'm all good! :D
uhh...
Destroysall
Burning Godzilla

Postby Henry88 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:24 pm

King_Ghidorah wrote:Prophecy....staring Man-Bear-Pig not Christopher Walken....wow...I actually really liked this movie alot...kinda creepy at times and atmospheric...

nice to see someone else who likes this movie but what i don't get is all this

Man-Bear-Pig talk
Henry88
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:02 pm

It's a South Park refrence
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:19 pm

King_Ghidorah wrote:It's a South Park refrence

and it has several incarnations

jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Brick Side » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm

To clarify, that last one is Al Gore dressed up as ManBearPig.
-Mike
Brick Side
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:21 pm

Brick Side wrote:To clarify, that last one is Al Gore dressed up as ManBearPig.

and the top one is an imaginary version...sort of, except that it became real when it crossed the fargate
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby Brick Side » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:37 pm

jellydonut25 wrote:
Brick Side wrote:To clarify, that last one is Al Gore dressed up as ManBearPig.

and the top one is an imaginary version...sort of, except that it became real when it crossed the fargate

It doesn't matter. Who ever doesn't agree with Al Gore about ManBearPig being real is an obvious fool.
-Mike
Brick Side
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:29 am

so I've FINALLY seen a newer movie (a couple actually) that I enjoyed! (good thing too because I was starting to feel like a MAJOR) negative nancy around here

Taken - just all-around EXACTLY what I wanted it to be. Sure, there were a couple of 'my isnt that convenient' moments, but all in all i just really enjoyed it, and tbh, i think a lot of movies could take a lesson in this for pacing and quite frankly, character development. By the time the movie was only 15 minutes old i knew who i liked and who i didnt and knew enough about the major players to be emotionally invested in them. I couldnt help but think to myself "imagine if the director/editor behind this had been allowed to do the first hour of the new king kong...the movie coulda been the necessary half hour shorter" hehehe

Strange Wilderness - sure, its a goofy, crappy movie but it's one of those happy madison movies that i freaking LOVE, i really think the happy madison writing team is starting to hit its stride as it's most recent movies (mall cop, bedtime stories [surprisingly enough], strange wilderness) have actually been really funny. This one just had some excellent moments, and i enjoyed it. stupid fun but if you like steve zahn and his goofy-awkwardness, you should enjoy this one

Hot Rod - another funny one. been on a bit of a danny mcbride kick lately though, the guy is hilarious (tropic thunder, pineapple express) but i just loved some of the stuff in this, like the 'punch dancing' stuff and when they are walking toward the big jump and the entire town starts following them and its this really funny, positive song and then all of a sudden someone just randomly throws a punch and its a riot!
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby king_ghidorah » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:02 pm

I just saw Hot Rod recently as well! Got tired of everyone telling me to go see it so I finally gave in..I was actually pleasently surprised, pretty decent funny movie.
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby G2KMaster » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Had a marathon Today...

Be Kind And Rewind - first time watching, it was alittle diffrent then what I thought it was to be. Atleast I got more information about why Jack Black remade films. Nice to see Sigourney Weaver do a cameo. And nice to see New Nightmare and ANOES get their VHS covers shown.

88 Minutes - first time watching, was good. Pacino was alittle dry (he is getting old), but it was good, alittle bit better than A Righteous Kill.

Planet Terror - grindhouse double feature version not on DVD in the US

Death Proof - my fave of the duology.

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero - needed some Ghidorah today...
G2KMaster

Postby Brick Side » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 pm

I really didn't like Be Kind, Rewind. Mos Def is a god-awful actor.

I have given up on the 60's/70's Gamera films. They are just way too bad for me to put up with. I liked the 2nd and 3rd ones but that's it.
-Mike
Brick Side
Burning Godzilla

Postby G2KMaster » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Just saw for the first time THE LOST BOYS - 7/10
G2KMaster

Postby jellydonut25 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:47 pm

G2KMaster wrote:Be Kind And Rewind - first time watching, it was alittle diffrent then what I thought it was to be. Atleast I got more information about why Jack Black remade films. Nice to see Sigourney Weaver do a cameo. And nice to see New Nightmare and ANOES get their VHS covers shown.

I LOATHED 'Be Kind Rewind' I went to see it thinking 'haha this'll be decent for a chuckle' and i dont think i laughed ONCE...not to mention the fact that the movie shoulda been made like, 10 (or more) years ago seriously, i mean id love to be proven wrong on this one but, who in the name of holy hell could possibly believe that theres still a VHS video store out ther?

G2KMaster wrote:Just saw for the first time THE LOST BOYS - 7/10
pfft, more like 100billion/10. I love The Lost Boys. Edgar and Allen Frog ftw
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby G2KMaster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:23 pm

It would be perfect if...

1. Unexpected Sex Scene was moved somewhere else in the film
2. Opening Credits redone
3. More Corey Feldman footage (for a vamp killer, he and his character's brother need more development. Plus, he is a good 80's era child star. Got some talent, especialy in "Stand By Me", which also had Keifer Sutherland)
G2KMaster

Postby Brick Side » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Took me a week and multiple times where I fell asleep after 15 minutes of watching, but I saw Anvil: The Story of Anvil. Not as funny as I thought it would be, but a good documentary none-the-less.
-Mike
Brick Side
Burning Godzilla

Postby Daimajin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Brick Side wrote:Took me a week and multiple times where I fell asleep after 15 minutes of watching, but I saw Anvil: The Story of Anvil. Not as funny as I thought it would be, but a good documentary none-the-less.

Anvil rules, one of the best bands in Metal, about time they receive a bit of their due and respect!, highly underrated!
Daimajin
Little Godzilla

Postby G2KMaster » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am

Had a themed marathon

GTTHM
Gvs.MZ
Gvs.MG'74
G2KMaster

Postby SeaHawk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 am

8 Diagram Pole Fighter and Iron Fingers of Death.
SeaHawk
Godzilla

Postby lhb412 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Watched the Japanese version of War of the Gargantuas last night. It was the first time I watched it (CM's set). The very slight stretching of the image didn't bother me, indeed, it was hardly noticable and if noticed quickly forgotten, but the darkness of this print did.

Am now half-way through the US version.
lhb412
Millennium Godzilla

Postby king_ghidorah » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 pm

C.H.U.D
Nightbreed
Dusk Till Dawn
Dragonslayer

All of these were excellent films...ok maybe not C.H.U.D but the other three were top notch
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

Postby kent » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:46 am

Finally saw Taken last Saturday! Can't believe it took me this long to see, but better late than never right? :wink:

It was a really fun movie and what I thought it would: action-packed fun! Liam Neeson playing an intelligent ex-government operative to locate his daughter fits him perfectly! An all-around fun movie!
kent
Little Godzilla

Postby kidnicky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:02 am

Transformers ROTF-I liked itobviously it could have been better,but I thought most of the jokes were funny (if not a little too vulgar for a toy movie) and the action was awesome.

Star Trek-This was my surprise of the year. Neither me nor my girl have ever liked ST,it's the absolute last "franchise" I'd ever be interested in. Everyone was talking about how great the movie was,so we said "Might as well go see what they're talking about," and it turned out to rule. I loved how it was kind of corny and throwbacky without being a parody. I also liked the not-a-remake-it's-time-travel angle,I thought that was clever.

X-Men Origins Wolverine-So awesome. He threw a truck at a helicopter. Plus we finally got to see Gambit!

Up-It's surprising that something this good could come out of our current culture.
Twitter rxchrisg
kidnicky
Burning Godzilla

Postby jellydonut25 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:03 am

Gran Torino - If nothing else, it was AWESOME for all the racial slurs i'd never heard before, hehehe...but seriously, the movie was fantastic and while it may have suffered a bit from some mediocre acting in the supporting cast, it was fun to see Clint essentially reprise his Dirty Harry role.

College - i rented this turkey (for free thankfully) but was still tempted to destroy it, thus hopefully making it so that nobody ever has the misfortune of seeing this absolutely god-awful pile of trash ever again...it was so bad, i threw up in my mouth a little bit...ill admit that occasionally, i enjoy a 'turn your brain off' comedy movie, but my brain would have to not even exist for me to like this steaming pile
jellydonut25
Controller

Postby king_ghidorah » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:27 pm

The Big Hit....lol...this movie just made me laugh constantly, surprised how much I liked it
king_ghidorah
Meltdown Godzilla

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion